I provide skilled professionals for the engineering and operational aspects of the rail signalling and telecoms industry. My area of specialist expertise is within signalling design. I have established a very good reputation in my field and am proud to represent a large pool of extremely talented candidates.
Senior EMC Engineer
Senior EMC Engineer
My Client is currently looking for a Senior EMC engineer to be based out of either Croydon, Cheshire or Birmingham. The EMC team is part of the traction power group and undertakes projects of various sizes, many of which are multi-disciplinary. You will be responsible for analysis of how EMC problems affect the railway / light rail projects and provide expertise relating to EMF issues.
Job DescriptionSenior EMC engineer
Pay £50,000 - £60,000
Croydon, Cheshire or Birmingham
My Client is currently looking for a Senior EMC engineer to be based out of either Croydon, Cheshire or Birmingham. The EMC team is part of the traction power group and undertakes projects of various sizes, many of which are multi-disciplinary.
You will be responsible for analysis of how EMC problems affect the railway / light rail projects and provide expertise relating to EMF issues.
The EMC assurance on rail projects will be up to you to manage including preparation of EMC related assurance documents (e.g. EMC strategy, control plans, etc.).
We use Matlab to analyse EMC test data and as part of this role, you will be supervising junior engineers in undertaking EMC work, such as analysis and modelling plus checking their work.
You will also take part in EMC HAZIDs and preparing / managing EMC Hazard logs coupled with EMC test activities and other on-site requirements.
The traction power team may require your assistance with other non EMC related work from time to time.
Essential academic, professional qualifications and experience:
- Be a Chartered Electrical Engineer or working toward Chartered status or, be able to demonstrate in depth experience
- Be an EMC specialist with a proven track record of successfully dealing with complex issues on both AC and DC traction power systems and their interfaces including interfaces between AC and DC traction power systems and interfaces between traction and non-traction power systems (HV and LV such as signalling equipment and equipment in station buildings, etc.).
- Be competent to assess the design of traction power, HV and LV earthing and bonding systems with regard to EMC;
- Have a good understanding of the EMC Directive 2014/30/EU, UK EMC Regulations 2016 and supporting harmonised standards framework.
- Have a good understanding of DC and Low Frequency sources of interference (e.g. harmonics) and coupling mechanisms.
- Have a good understanding of DC stray current issues and their management.
Be fully conversant with British (e.g BS 7430 and BS 7671), harmonised (e.g. BS EN 50121 and 50122 series of standards) and Rail (e.g. Network Rail and LU) standards applicable to traction power and interfacing systems, including earthing and bonding, and also industry best practice in the same areas.
Essential competencies / skills:
- Have a good understanding of the process for managing and controlling projects that enhance or renew the railway (e.g. GRIP and Pathway).
- Customer focus – Identifies, understands and gives priority to meeting and exceeding internal external customer needs in a safe manner, placing customers at the core of every activity
- Managing performance and development – Manages own and others performance and development, giving equal opportunities to all, to meet customer needs.
- Partnership and team working – Works cooperatively. Promoting equal treatment of all people in an open and honest way. Encouraging and sharing ideas with others to achieve business goals.
- Communication and influence – Communicates honestly, openly and in a timely manner. Ensure two-way communications and involvement with a wide variety of people both internal and external. The ability to persuade and influence others to gain their support or influence them to act.
- Providing decisions and solutions – Analyses problems and situations and makes effective and innovative business judgements. Provides timely and effective solutions, without compromising core values that will deliver excellent customer service.
- Integrity – Acts with integrity at all times when dealing with customers and colleagues;
Ability to analyse an EMC safety case or assurance argument, including risk issues and form a judgement and make recommendations.Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.