I make it my mission to find the best IT candidates for our corporate services client base. I cover all areas of IT contract roles, but my main focus is roles for one our key automotive clients. These roles can vary from application support to project managers and software developers to network analysts.
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Developer to join a global leading car manufacturing company on a 12 month + contract basis. The successful candidate will need to have experience in using PL/SQL and Java and also previous experience in supporting and guiding junior developers.
Job DescriptionSenior Developer - PL/SQL and Java
12 months +
£36 per hour
My client is currently looking to recruit a Senior Developer for a 12 month contract role based in Basildon, Essex.
Senior Developer is responsible for the ongoing maintenance, development and data integrity of a wide portfolio of order processing systems within the organisation. These systems include forecasting, order processing, scheduling, tracking and sales reporting as well as interfaces to numerous downstream systems.
The team has the responsibility for the full life cycle of IT development activities for the Company ordering systems. You will be working closely with BAs and Tech Leads to design and develop high quality solutions.
- PL/SQL, Java experience.
- Perform Systems Analysis to develop technical specifications based upon business requirements.
- Software development to support the ordering systems enhancements, including unit testing, program changes will be in PL/SQL or Unix Shell script but knowledge of Java and C++ would also be beneficial.
- Provide support and guidance to junior developers within the team.
- Required to adhere to Software Design Methodology framework throughout the project life-cycle.
- Extensive experience of developing with PL/SQL and SQL with an extensive Oracle background.
- Extensive experience of developing UNIX shell scripts.
- Experience of using development methodology through the full development life-cycle on a number of large web development projects.
- Experience of developing with Java (preferably Sun Certified) working in large development teams.
- Experience of developing with C++ working in large development teams.
- Experience of the PVCS Code Configuration repository. Able to work as part of a team and be able to communicate with all levels of the project team.
- Experience of working in Agile environment.
- Senior/Consultant level
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.