Meet Charlie, junior recruitment consultant in our Manufacturing & Technologies team. He works a variety of engineering roles with clients in many different sectors.
Senior Design Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Design Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join their design and development team in Havant. This role offers a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader that values its employees.
Job DescriptionSenior Design Engineer
Our client are market leaders in the design and manufacture of Small Domestic Appliances for Food Preparation. To help innovate, further grow their product range and maintain their position as number one in the market they are looking for a talented mechanical design engineer to join their successful engineering team
For this role you will be responsible for the development of products from concept design brief through to manufacture stage. To be successful in this role you will need to have 5+ years' experience working in an applicable engineering product development role, preferably within electro-mechanical engineering.
- The design and development of new and existing products
- Specification of test requirements and development and direction of prototype testing
- Supervision of development team technicians and supporting engineers
- Supporting the Design and Development Team Leader in interpreting and translating the PDS (Product Design Specification) into product design proposals and ultimately a finished design, at or below target cost
- Operating CAD (Computer Aided Design) and other software as applicable
- Managing own workload to meet key project objectives set by Design and Development Team Leader
- Participating in design reviews
- Analysing Data and writing of Technical Reports
- Preparing and presenting information, ideas and data
- Arranging and chairing relevant meetings, minute taking and circulation
- Completing DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) studies and identifying test requirements
- Preparing test plans
- Developing Prototypes including design, manufacture and testing
- Filing documents and data
- Creating and maintaining document and data revision registers
- Operating the Engineering Change Control System
- Maintaining records
- Planning and allocating work to Development Technicians / supporting Engineers
- Training (on the job), coaching and developing of Development Technicians and supporting Engineers
- Comply with the Roles and Responsibilities as is defined in Section 2.3 of the Health and Safety Manual
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree and / or HNC/HND in an applicable Engineering field
- 5+ year's experience in an applicable engineering product development role (preferably electro-mechanical)
- Experience in New Product Development and a proven ability to take NPD projects from concept through to mass production
- Competent in use of proprietary 2D and 3D design software. (NX preferred)
- Knowledge of use of other applicable software tools
- Detailed knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes for correct specification to production capabilities e.g. plastic injection moulding, die-casting, sheet metal pressings, machining etc.
- Competent in use of applicable design technology such as rapid prototyping machines, specialised test equipment, etc.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.