I specialise in IT, sourcing permanent candidates for small to global organisations, including security cleared jobs, and ranging from entry-level positions to niche developers and CTOs.
Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist Permanent- Up to £65K basic Benefits: 25 days annual leave, excellent bonus, car allowance, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme Peterborough, Cambridgeshire Our analytics team is growing! Our client are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist to join their expanding data analytics team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced analytics professional to join a global organisation and have a true impact on their evolving business
Job DescriptionSenior Data Scientist
Permanent- Up to £65K basic
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, excellent bonus, car cash allowance, contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, contributory share scheme
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Flexible/Remote working 1-2 days per week may be considered
Our analytics team is growing! Our client are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist to join their expanding data analytics team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced analytics professional to join a global organisation and have a true impact on their evolving business.
As a business they use various quantitative methods (business simulations, data mining, modeling and advanced statistical techniques) to solve problems and guide them to resolutions. The Senior Data Scientist contributes to this by acting as the technical lead of analytics project teams tasked with solving complex business problems.
What’s the role?
This role will focus predominantly on Supply chain and Operational analytics, looking at how they can gain insights from a wide variety of data sources in order to make the global supply chain and factories more efficient and inform future strategy across their 6 manufacturing plants. This could be in improving lead-times, changing purchasing or transportation strategy or re-defining configuration capability.
The principal responsibility of Senior Data Scientist is to grow and develop from being an individual contributor on project teams to acting as the technical lead and providing insight to others.
You will participate on cross-functional project teams, provide overall guidance to the technical direction of the project, and mentor Jr Data Scientists on the technical approaches being used in order to solve problems. Your customers will include a Business Unit or Service Organization, Dealer, or Customer.
As the Senior Data Scientist you will:
• Participate on, and effectively manage, multiple projects concurrently
• Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in the application statistical methods
and/or digital methods to solve business problems.
• Coach and mentor colleagues in the creation, validation, and application of
statistical models, as well as in implementing digital solutions;
• Research and apply new methods to exceed customer expectations.
• Continuously develop knowledge in Analytics and growth skill set
You will act as the overall technical lead for the team in establishing a sound analytic approach for solving the problem at hand. You will develop a good network within the technical community to enable collaboration on technical solutions and be able to obtain resources and cooperation needed, whilst removing roadblocks to ensure the success of the team.
Skills, experience and qualifications you will have:
• Educated to Bachelor’s degree level, preferably in statistics, economics,
mathematics, physics or a similar field with quantitative coursework (or
equivalent level of relevant professional experience)
• Excellent communication skills, being able to explain conclusions to customers
with limited knowledge and experience with quantitative analytical methods
• An eye for innovation and development
• Must be comfortable working in MS Office, and industry standard statistics,
data management and visualization packages
• Must demonstrate strong leadership, initiative and interpersonal skills
• Analytics insights often come from bringing data from different disciplines
together, and the ability to understand the broader business context is key
Skills, experience and qualifications you may have:
• Experience of Analytics within supply chains or global networks
• Experience with Tableau, Alteryx or other ETL & visualisation packages
• Ability to code, R or Python
• A familiarity with tools to manage large data sets both discrete and continuous
or principles of data indexing and management
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.