I joined ARM as a Junior Consultant and have been within the Group for nearly three years, so have a good understanding of the rail industry and the recruitment process. My aim is to successfully meet my clients' needs and assist them with identifying talent and filling roles. I look forward to building bigger, better and stronger relationships not only with our clients but candidates too.
Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer
The Brief Our client is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their Transportation UK&E Division in their Birmingham office to support the delivery of a wide variety of multi-disciplinary highway and railway projects both locally and across the UK. Using the excellent team member's technical knowledge and delivery skills you'll drive a variety of civil and structural designs for new build, renewal, maintenance and assessment works.
* Leading technical delivery of civil engineering projects / civil engineering input into complex, multi-disciplinary projects.
* Using your excellent analytical skills to derive potential solutions to engineering problems and engineering judgement to appraise and recommend options.
* Overseeing completion of designs and the production of and review design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications.
* Staying abreast of industry developments and changes in standards.
* Developing more junior staff by technical training and mentoring. You'll most likely be acting as a Delegated Engineer or Supervising Civil Engineer for those under formal training agreements.
* Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focused manner.
* Client, programme and financial management of projects.
* Assigning work to and checking / reviewing the project team's work.
* Line management of staff.
* BEng / MEng or MSc degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
* Chartered status and corporate membership of the ICE, CIHT or IStructE.
* Ability to lead and contribute to bids and tenders.
* Ability to develop and agree scopes and manage the internal technical supply chain, including budgets, programme and quality of deliverable, delivering within set time frame.
* Commercially astute and an excellent communicator with the desire to take on extra management responsibilities and keep on developing your skills and our team.
* Sound knowledge of Project Governance and Development Processes for Network Rail, Highways England and / or Local Authorities.
* Thorough understanding of relevant design standards, including Eurocodes and those of Network Rail and Highways England.
* Ability to research information and data independently and ability to resolve contractual issues.
If you have the skill set required and are actively seeking a new opportunity to enhance your career or gain experience of working with a leading engineering consultancy, then apply today.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.