Electrical and mechanical fields of vehicle engineering are my areas of expertise. This includes the design, development and test of electrical systems and engine/powertrain development. Powertrain development is an industry niche in which I specialise.
Senior CAE Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior CAE Engineer
A senior CAE engineer is needed to lead automotive programmes with regards to real-time data from conventional/electrified powertrain programmes. If you are looking for that step up or alternatively looking for that programme which is a bit different from your current one, then please read on...
Job DescriptionSenior CAE Engineer
Commutable from; Dunton, Basildon, Chelmsford, Southend-on-Sea, Cheshunt, Dartford.
Salary from; £35,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
With the automotive world becoming ever-more connected, the need for access to real-time data is giving certain companies a competitive edge over others in terms of driving behaviour, fuel economy, emissions and gear usage. With the right data infrastructure in place, companies can receive this data from tens-of-thousands of cars every second, which then provides the company with insight in to engineering the future. This is exactly what this company is doing at the moment and are using this data to support their OEM customers in the development of future powertrain systems.
As a Senior CAE Engineer you will be leading a number of small customer powertrain programmes providing insight in to the behaviour of different models. This may include developing optimisation algorithms for electrified powertrain controls, analysing the data of engine operating points, gear-changing, fuel economy, emissions and developing models to validate real-life data and define the technologies of the future. You will be responsible for providing full-lifecycle support from supporting the development of customer requirements to presenting your findings to senior management and in turn back to the customer.
Ideally, you will currently be working within a consultancy environment on current and future engine/powertrain modelling programmes and be a competent user of industry standard software tools such as Simulink, Dymola etc. Preferably you will be working within an automotive environment however off-highway, power generation, trucks and bus industries will also be considered.
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering/science discipline, either mechanical, automotive or physics.
- Ideally a background working within the automotive industry - this would put you at a distinct advantage.
- Ideally a background in modelling one or all of the following; emissions, fuel economy, gear-usage, engine operating points within conventional or hybrid powertrains.
- A strong mathematically-minded individual who can create models/back their ideas up with statistics.
- Solid scripting skills with MatLab.
- Strong usage of industry modelling tools such as Dymola, Simulink or similar.
- A strong communicator, presenter, time manager and organiser who has led automotive projects.
Keywords; Senior CAE Engineer, Powertrain, Automotive Jobs, Essex, Fuel Economy, Emissions, Dymola, MatLab, Simulink.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.