I specialise in IT service delivery and major account management. I deliver specialist IT resources into several major accounts within ARM and I also manage a major corporate account. I started working at ARM four years ago as a generalist resourcer.
Senior Big Data Platform Admin
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Senior Big Data Platform Admin
Due to the release of numerous new systems for both my client's internal and external customers, they are looking for a Lead Big Data Platform Admin who is an expert in all matter of Big Data & Linux
Job DescriptionLead Big Data Platform Admin
6 month initial contract
Due to the release of numerous new systems for both my client's internal and external customers, they are looking for a Lead Big Data Platform Admin who is an expert in all matter of Big Data & Linux who will be an integral part of the team.
The sucessful applicant will be a good team leader as well as player and willingness to learn and implement new Big Data technologies as needed. Capable of articulating complex designs, code and applications for large scale projects to a client-facing standard Experience with Storm / Flume / Spark / Oracle GoldenGate in building near real time analytics solutions Experience architecting and building data fabric with Flume, Sqoop etc.
Skills and experience required:
- SME - Big Data, Hadoop & Linux
- Expert experience building and managing complex end to end products/solutions with a strong background in IT infrastructure, large scale enterprise business systems & distributed systems
- Expert hands on experience working with Linux/Unix environment
- Seasoned Hadoop Administrator that has experience in managing Hadoop or any other distributed computing platforms/clusters with hundreds of servers
- Expert level experience architecting, building and maintaining Enterprise grade Hadoop or distributed computing platforms.
- Experience with running components in Hadoop (Hortonworks) eco-system - Hive, Pig, Ambari, Oozie, Sqoop, HBase, Zookeeper, HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, TEZ, Storm, Flume, Solr, Spark, Falcon, Knox, Ranger, Apache NiFi (HDF), Kafka, Atlas, Zeppelin
- Expert level Experience building and managing NoSQL Database like HBase or Cassandra.
- Expert level Experience with open source frameworks for build, deployment and configuration management.
- Expert level Experience with managing security models for Big data platforms (Kerberos, Knox, Ranger etc)
- Demonstrable experience in Hardware and/or Software performance profiling
Have in-depth knowledge of and hands on experience with a majority of the following:
- Distributed File Systems, cluster and parallel compute architectures Hadoop distributions (preferably Hortonworks and all associated ecosystems)
- Databases (Oracle, Oracle RAC, MS SQL, MySQL etc)
- End to end infrastructure architecture across all layers (MPP – Exadata, Teradata, PDW etc.)
- Distributed Data Grid, Cloud computing – AWS & Azure Networking (Cisco, TCP/UDP, LAN/WAN)
- Server Operating systems internals, benchmarking and performance tuning (Linux), CPU Microarchitectures High availability and contingency solutions, workload management
- Multiple technologies including Java, C/C++, Unix Platforms and large scale implementations of programming theories/concepts with proven results.
Further details will be given on application for this excellent opportunity at one of the UK's leading organisations. Please note that all candidates must be willing to undergo and Basic level Disclosure Scotland (CRB) and a Credit Check as part of the recruitment process for this vacancy.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.