My clients range from high technology vendors, integrators and consultancies to finance, government and public sector. One of my strengths is definitely my ability to strike up a rapport from the very first call and to build and maintain that relationship.
Security Systems Specialist
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Security Systems Specialist
Our client require a Security Systems Specialist whose purpose of this role is to act as part of the operational security team within the Information Security department.
Job DescriptionSecurity Systems Specialist
4 months initially
Our client require a Security Systems Specialist whose purpose of this role is to act as part of the operational security team within the Information Security department. The purpose of this role is to ensure the normal operation of the Security infrastructure, applications and platforms through provision of proactive and reactive security provision to protect the organisation and its customers.
Responsibilities will include -
- To provide operational security support and management of the Security infrastructure, applications and platforms this includes (but is not limited to): Firewalls (IP & Application), Intrusion Detection & Prevention platform, Denial of Services appliances, Application security tools & testing, Anti-Malware services, Database security tools, Web & Mail security filtering technologies, Security servers and security related appliances, Virtualisation, End-point and Data Centre security, Multi-factor security & AAA services and Crypto (PKI) platforms.
- Ensure that external security infrastructure related service providers meet their agreed SLAs
- Participate in tasks and initiatives as defined by the Head of Information Security or delegate
- Constructively contribute to continuous improvement within the IT Division
- Lead and mentor Operational security analysts
- Implement security technologies based on design documents
- Ensure security requirements are met, policies were followed and best practices were used during implementation.
- Write build documents and operations guides
- Troubleshoot, identify and take ownership on security problems
- Promote an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation
Essential skills -
- Leading professional security certifications
- Firewall vendor certifications
- Network certifications
Desirable for Role
- Ethical hacking certification
- Knowledge of Security standards (ISO27001 and PCIDSS)
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.