I am a recruitment specialist in the aerospace and defence domain. My skills include resourcing experienced and highly-skilled individuals for roles and projects such as quality assurance, programme support and project management.
SECURITY REPRESENTATIVE - HAVANT - £33,000 Are you an experienced Security Controller with knowledge of ensuring individuals including new starters and subcontractors are suitably authorised to handle UK Classified information? Do you have an understanding of government vetting processes? If yes, my client - a leading Defence organisation - will want to see your CV! Please read on and apply below!
Job DescriptionJob Title: Security Representative
Location: Havant, Hampshire
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Security Representative to be based on site at Havant on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will ideally be currently SC Cleared or must be able to obtain SC Clearance. We cannot consider your application if you do not meet this criteria.
Being part of a busy security team your main task will be to provide security advice in a number of disciplines, including;
" Providing project teams with the Security support to meet the obligations of HMG in relation to assurance that Sub-Contractor companies are suitably authorised to handle and obligated to protect the UK Classified information necessary to perform on a project.
" Assisting in the production and tracking of Security Aspects Letters, including any pre-verification required.
" Assisting the IT Security Officer with tasks related to the Accreditation of Office based IT systems in accordance with the relevant Accreditation Authority.
" Supporting non-Havant LMUK Facilities in line with the appropriate Shared Service Agreement including carrying out site visits involving occasional overnight stays
" The day-to-day administration of the site's security requirements, including the provision of advice relating to physical, procedural and personnel security to internal stakeholders.
" Maintain and conduct audits against security asset, contractors, company and foreign national databases in support of company and government compliance. Ensure the supporting written materials are produced to deadlines to a high standard.
" Produce security reports, presentations and statistics.
" Administration and support to other security staff tasks when required.
1. Be able to work in isolation; effectively prioritise tasks, remaining flexible to support the business and its customers..
2. Knowledge and understanding of Security Policy Framework (SPF) and JSP440.
3. Knowledge and experience of government vetting process.
4. Current knowledge of government security procedures, including document, personnel and procedural security and audit requirements.
5. Knowledge and general understanding of the Accreditation process required for IT Systems processing UK Classified information, including the purpose of the DART (Defence Accreditation Risk Tool).
6. Ability to obtain a MoD Security Clearance at the SC level.
7. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Databases.
8. Ability to conduct effective liaison with external and internal stakeholders including management.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
10. Previous experience of UK Defence security environment.
11. Ability to build lasting stakeholder relationships.
12. Administrative or relevant transferable skills.
1. An understanding of Information Security and Assurance principles.
2. A Process Improvement attitude encompassing understanding the current processes to bring effective suggestions to adaptation for agile processes.
3. Knowledge of software applications such as HTML and ability to create smart forms.
4. An understanding of international security clearance processes.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.