I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Security Guard to join their growing team in Bedfordshire. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £25,000 per annum + fantastic company benefits. The successful Security Guard will be responsible for guarding, patrolling, and policing industrial premises to protect property and personnel against fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other hazards.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Security Guard
Salary: Up to £25,000 + Benefits
Location: Bedfordshire (Commutable from: Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Stevenage, Leighton Buzzard, Northampton)
Shift Work: 2 x 12 hour day shifts, 2 x 12 hour night shifts followed by 4 days off
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Security Guard to join their growing team in Bedfordshire. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £25,000 per annum + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain DV clearance.
The successful Security Guard will be responsible for guarding, patrolling, and policing industrial premises to protect property and personnel against fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other hazards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Frequent but irregular security patrols, including with the site's alert dog.
* The examination of doors, windows, gates and other physical barriers to determine that they are secure.
* The observation of personnel to guard against thefts of company and personal property.
* The inspection of equipment and stores to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
* The reporting of any and all security irregularities.
* The provision of access to authorised personnel to company property.
* The issuing of security keys.
* Reacting to security incidents.
* Searching of personnel and vehicles.
* Monitoring and reacting to CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Detection system alarms.
* Occasionally step up to perform supervisor roles where reduced workforce requires.
* IT literate (in particular MS Office)
* Must be capable of showing a background in the security of large sites within the Corporate Security, military or police environments.
* Must have experience in physical security, including document security, physical security assets (such as fences and barriers), CCTV monitoring, and monitoring and reacting to intruder alarms.
* Have experience of conducting personnel and vehicle searches.
* Must have a full UK driving licence.
* Be able to communicate well with a wide spectrum of people from diverse backgrounds.
* Be able to work on own and as part of a team.
* The ability to deal with people and to remain calm under pressure.
* Be flexible in a constantly changing and dynamic work environment.
* Be able to 'step up' into Supervisor position on occasion to help cover holiday/absence, etc.
* Must have a full UK driving licence.
* Experience working with guard dogs.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.