I head the Manufacturing &Technologies division and we focus on products that have been designed and manufactured across a breadth of engineering industries. The division covers a range of markets including CEM’s, electronics, automotive, aerospace, rail, avionics, defence, manufacturing, medical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor and machinery & automation.
Sales Manager - Automotive
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Sales Manager - Automotive
Sales Manager Salary up to £55k + annual bonus of around 12% of base salary, company car, private health care and stakeholder pension scheme. The position can be based at Newcastle or Coventry depending on individual. Location: Newcastle, Staffordshire/Coventry Our client, a worldwide Automotive supplier is looking to recruit a Sales Manager to join in either Coventry/Newcastle on a permanent basis.
Job DescriptionYour Tasks/ Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sales Director you will be responsible for coordinating all BU sales activity. In this challenging role you will:
· Be an effective member of the BU Sales Management team, accountable for sales activities.
· Manage multiple operations within the BU commercial team.
· Manage a team of sales staff associated with the level of responsibility and activities.
· Develop and implement realistic and achievable sales strategies and business development plans.
· Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction within strict deadlines.
· Lead annual price / contract negotiations whilst controlling price evolution and margin.
· Gain new contacts and develop existing business.
· Produce sales forecast data available in time for the budget and forecast timetable.
· Ensure the capability of all sales function staff to fulfil their roles and achieve targets.
· Manage and track the sales team’s performance against key deliverables and MOPS.
· Develop close relationships with the customer.
Education, Key Skills and Knowledge:
· Ideally educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
· Proven track record in a sales/commercial within the automotive industry, knowledge of working worth OEM or 1st Tier Supply level in a customer facing management position.
· Strong negotiation skills, highly driven.
· Effective proven customer interface skills.
· Strong communication, report writing and presentation skills
· Ability to manage and coach teams
· Self-motivated and flexible.
· Prepared to travel overseas/customer sites.
Ability to lead and direct multi-disciplinary commercial department.
Key Skills: Sales, Account Management, Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical, Negotiation, Quotations, Invoice, Costing, Planning, Reporting, Customer, Supplier, Key, Tier 1, and Commercial.
Location: Coventry - commutable from Binley, Baginton, Allesley, Edwick, Ansty and Brinklow.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.