Electronics, software and control is my specialty. It is the heart of any design and I am excited to see how it evolves our future. I pride myself on delivering a professional yet personal service. I genuinely care and take time to understand and present my clients and candidates with options and suggestions that they may not have considered.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Would you like to work as a Retail Designer, for a company named as the UK's 'coolest' brand? This will give you the opportunity to support the design of some of the world's most prestigious vehicle dealerships.
Job DescriptionJob Purpose
Part of the Retail Design team that ensures that all new dealer facilities and refurbishments meet our design standards to ensure the brand is professionally represented. Position works alongside the Senior Retail Designer handling all UK and EU dealer design projects, resulting in a reduction in headcount required at our Design agency Imagination. This role will develop design layouts for dealers leading up to the production of design intent drawing packs. This is therefore a specialist position requiring very specific design knowledge and skills.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• You will review initial design requirements with the region and the dealer to understand what is needed within the overall design.
• You will develop an initial design layout for the sales and aftersales area in line with Corporate Identity Standards.
• We like you to work with the region and the dealer’s architect to discuss any required changes and ensure these are reflected in the design, answering any specific architectural points raised.
• You'll produce a set of design intent drawings including site plans, general arrangements, floor finishes, reflected ceiling and lighting plans, interior and exterior elevations plus furniture and finishes schedules.
• Once the dealer has translated these detailed requirements into construction drawings, work with the dealer and their architect to provide feedback on the drawings produced through to final approval.
• Liaise with our preferred suppliers on their specific requirements (eg lighting).
Qualifications & Experience
• You must have full working knowledge on AutoCAD
• Ability to use Adobe photoshop and InDesign
• Knowledge of 3d software, eg Google sketchup or equivalent
• Must be able to confidently converse with architects on design projects
• Experience of working in design environments and facility projects with strong technical knowledge.
• Previous experience with working with architectural plans.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in order to confidently represent the company in front of dealers and architects.
• Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritise a high workload and quantity of projects.
• Excellent organisation skills with a high attention to detail.
• Highly articulate and able to form rational and valid cases for their opinions.
• Organised, detail orientated, self-motivated and works well under pressure.
• Must be confident and professional in order to represent the company.
• Ability to handle conflict when issues arise and find solutions that are agreeable to all parties.
• Must be prepared to travel to dealers in the UK and Europe when required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM are award winning experts in technology and engineering recruitment, we fill specialist positions across some of the most competitive technology and engineering industries in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.