I specialise in the technical rail area, covering both signalling and civils. I have a proven track record in my ability to successfully seek unique and difficult-to-find skill sets across niche sectors with the technical rail sector.
Project Planner - Rail Permanent Manchester £35,000 - £50,000 - depending on experiance My client are seeking a qualified Project Planner with experience in the detailed planning of complex infrastructure projects up to £20 million in value, to be based in their Manchester office.
Job DescriptionProject Planner - Rail
£35,000 - £50,000 - depending on experiance
My client are seeking a qualified Project Planner with experience in the detailed planning of complex infrastructure projects up to £20 million in value, to be based in their Manchester office.
This role requires a strong technical background in either the rail industry. The successful applicant will be a Project Controls Lead providing comprehensive project controls for the project teams for which they work and to the client. As Project Planner, you will report into the Planning Manager, with accountability to the specific Project Manager.
• An expert user of Primavera P6
• A detailed understanding of either rail or highways Engineering projects and how they are designed, constructed and commissioned
• Must be able to accurately define Rail or Highways project programmes and schedules.
• Experienced Engineering Professional with a minimum HNC qualification in Mechanical/Civil Engineering.
• Member of the APM preferred.
• Extensive experience in the use of Primavera Project Planner – Enterprise versions.
• Must be able to work under own initiative in the production of Project Programmes and Tender Programmes.
• Develop broad technical competence and able to check work of all those in the project team
• Experience of managing interfaces with engineering disciplines with minimal supervision
• Experience in preparing project resource histograms, and performance analysis data, and CPI/SPI information.
• Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including, budget and spend management, change control, Earned Value Management, data analysis, trend analysis and Work Package Management.
• You will be responsible for all aspects of the Projects schedule and project controls requirements.
• Responsible for completion of projects to time and cost
• Able to assign work to other project planners and reliably manage members of the Project Controls team
• Provide regular supervision to junior members of the team
• Familiar with commercial and financial aspects of project management
• Regular client contact
• Building relationships with limited set of common clients
• Good understanding of Rail or Highways technologies and markets
• Provision of project performance data, project schedules in a concise and timely manner as required by the projects teams.
• Successful in identifying any project deviations, slippage reports and communication of same to the senior members of the team.
• Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by Senior Management and giving appropriate planning advice.
• You will deliver the Period Programme Update and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme on a period by period basis.
• You will deliver the necessary reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.