Quality Manager required for a leading laboratory product manufacturer...
Job DescriptionQuality Manager
Our client is one of the largest broad based manufacturers of laboratory products and scientific equipment worldwide. They provide internationally recognised brands with reputations for product quality and exceptional performance. These famous brands are now brought together in a single package to offer an excellent level of quality, service and support.
Purpose of the role:
Enhances the quality of both the products and the service we offer our customers.
Main responsibilities of the job:
* Ensuring that customer requirements and expectations have been accurately identified and that the organisation is meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
* Maintaining and optimising the company quality system ensuring it plays a key role in the overall business strategy.
* Driving the Company Quality Management system, chairing monthly reviews as needed, and driving through internal audits both for external and internal needs as deemed appropriate.
* Ensuring quality and business systems comply with ISO9001 and we maintain third party accreditation through audits of process and product and procedural reviews.
* Take responsibility for monitoring and improving supplier quality performance through monitoring, audits and supplier training where deemed necessary.
* Introducing and driving a customer preventative and corrective action system.
* Ensuring the company meets all its legal and required compliance requirements, working with other departments as necessary. These may include but not be limited to, CE, RoHS, WEEE, UL and other requirements as may evolve as the business develops
* Champion and drive through implementation and on-going support for a significant process improvement methodology involving the whole work force on the Stone site. Be prepared to train and mentor other champions for the same process on other Company sites. Construct and deploy training processes as needed.
* Ensuring there is a robust internal documentation management system in place.
* Establish and maintain close and effective working relationships with other parts of the business in terms of the perceived quality of internal customer service and support activities.
* Calculating and reporting the "Cost of Quality" at the company.
* Analysing internal and external failure data to target improvement activities.
Skills and experienced required:
* Relevant technical competence by qualification and/or experience.
* Recent experience within a similiar industry is required (laboratory, scientific, instrumentation etc)
* Passionate commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
* Able to implement and promote best practice quality systems.
* Ability to influence others and get a clear message across.
* Use and familiarity with ERP / MRP systems in a manufacturing environment.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be considered for the position then please do apply now or alternatively if you would like to send your CV directly, please send to:
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.