I head the Manufacturing &Technologies division and we focus on products that have been designed and manufactured across a breadth of engineering industries. The division covers a range of markets including CEM’s, electronics, automotive, aerospace, rail, avionics, defence, manufacturing, medical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor and machinery & automation.
Quality Engineer - Electrical
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Quality Engineer - Electrical
Our client is a world automotive leading manufacturer who are looking to recruit a Quality Engineer to join their design quality team based in the UK. Working to support colleagues internationally your role will be to prevent recurrence of quality concerns and working with the factory and service team aid the quick recovery of market concerns.
Job DescriptionElectrical Quality Engineer - Automotive
Commutable from Bristol, Reading, Newbury, Swindon
Salary - £25,000 - £40,000
Our clients main role is to support and quickly resolve and prevent reoccurrence of Quality concerns. To work in collaboration with other parts of the business and service to aid quick recovery of market concerns.
- Managing Quality concerns related to design and specification
- Carry out complex technical investigations and deploy countermeasure actions that improve vehicle, reduce Warranty cost and improve customer satisfaction.
- Use in-house systems to collect market data and incident parts.
- Travel to incident vehicles, operational environment and actual customer concerns.
- Take hands on approach to locally re producing concerns and analysing defective parts. To take investigation beyond the existing company available information.
- Preparing reports and presentation problem status and future planned activities to senior managers internally and externally.
- Lead, manage multiple cross functional teams to establish cause(s) of major Quality issues.
- Continuously liaise with Service, Factory and Design side.
- The role will require frequent travel to overseas and on occasions at short notice
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- University degree in Automotive Engineering/Equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable Problem solving skills in Automotive Electrical systems
- Good knowledge of CAN/LIN communication
- Demonstrable knowledge of electrical systems, diagnostics and networks
- An adept communicator, be able to build good relationships across all teams
- Be proactive and demonstrate high level of self-motivation to deliver
- You will need to have a flexible attitude and stay focussed under pressure
- Excellent IT skills (Excel, Power Point)
- Project management skills
- Experience of engine data logging
- Knowledge of Infotainment systems, Telematics, Software investigations
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.