The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
Quality Assurance Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Quality Assurance Engineer
An international Defence and Aerospace company is looking to expand its team of Quality Assurance Engineers in Stevenage. They have a new 6-month contract position, which has the possibility to be extended. This opportunity would suit someone looking to work for a high profile brand within a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Job DescriptionJob Summary
* Lead and assure Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test excellence in MAIT
* Perform Quality Assurance (QA) activities, by ensuring correct implementation of procedures and processes, to ensure product quality meets the stated requirements
* Promote and lead good practice and improvements in MAIT processes
* Manage completion of corrective actions to closure
* Provide assurance and confirmation that Hardware is ready for test and Delivery
* Production of Quality Surveillance Plans
* Quality assurance throughout Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test lifecycle in Stevenage
* Quality assurance of MGSE and EGSE used
* Quality Assurance Inputs to Project gate reviews: MRR, TRR & DRB
* Occurrence and Non-Conformance management to Closure 1 level
* Management of Closure 2 corrective actions
* Measurement and analysis of Non-quality events in MAIT to aid and direct continuous process improvement
* Work & Rework Instruction approval
* Process audits on MAIT activities
* Supervision of Hardware Critical moves
* Safety Reviews
* FMEA & Risk Reviews
* Quality Assurance Inputs to delivery Handover meetings
* Key Inspection Point activities
* Quality Assurance post-delivery support
* Management of Quality Improvement initiatives
* Promote quality awareness throughout AIT organisation by coaching
* Produce concise management reports, presentations, minutes and actions, generally using Microsoft Office
* Previous experience as a Quality / Product Assurance engineer in the aerospace, military or Automotive industries
* Good communicator, able to lead and influence at all levels from the clean room up to senior management, internally and externally
* Good team worker with strong interpersonal and persuasive skills
* Organised, practical and logical in work approach
* User and promoter of quality tools and methods, particularly risk management and metrics.
* Ability to accomplish validation activities at height using above ground level support structures
* Good agility required to access and work in confined spaces
* Good visual acumen
* Knowledge of Space Quality standards
* Flexibility to travel within the UK and Europe when required
* Willingness to work on shift, on-call or off-site for short periods when required
* Demonstrated commitment to Lean and Right First Time philosophy
* Teamwork and leadership attributes with excellent communication skills
* Analytical skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigation
* GCSEs English & Maths, and HNC/HND/Degree in Aerospace, Engineering, Quality or Production qualifications
* Lean, continuous improvement qualifications, Green or Black belt would be desirable
Please note: Successful candidates must be willing to undergo UK Security Clearance checks.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.