Meet Zara, a junior consultant in our Manufacturing and Technologies recruitment team.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Do you want to be part of a business that provides to government and commercial organisations for up to 40 different countries, helping businesses and the economy grow?
Job DescriptionJob Title: Proposal Manager
Salary: £29,000 + benefits
Your Main Purpose of Role
To ensure that win-orientated customer sales documents are produced that are effective in meeting the published objectives of the business.
* To act as a consultant to the sales managers and / or bid managers, to analyse the appropriateness of sales opportunities with the objectives of the business.
* Influence and develop effective business responses for sales or qualification opportunities according to the published bid strategy or business models.
* Take the lead role in developing win-orientated sales documents.
* Develop and/or implement tools for the effective control of sales document inputs from functional areas.
* Work effectively to understand and manage the cultural and language requirements of the customer.
* Work flexibly alongside other Proposal Managers and Bid Managers to ensure the effective submission of short time response sales documents.
* Develop and/or implement, as appropriate, effective sales document training for functional areas.
* Develop and/or implement, as appropriate, an effective sales document development process.
* Work with the bid manager to ensure sales document responses meet eligibility requirements, or are appropriately mitigated.
* Develop and implement, in liaison with marketing, sales, commercial and other functional areas, effective standard sales proposal templates content and message for use by the sales and commercial teams.
* Develop and in conjunction with the marketing function to deliver training to the sales team on messaging and win themes.
* Take responsibility for the presentational quality of sales and commercial documents leaving the company.
* As appropriate, develop specific templates to meet the requirements for specific proposal documents.
* Work with sales managers and/or Bid Managers, constructing proposal and feasibility/requirements/budgetary information documents.
* Sound technical understanding of Software / IS systems solutions providers
* Proven track record of constructing a range of proposal documents, for both commercial customers and government customers, including small, medium and large scale complex documents, and across international boundaries.
* Strong experience of managing and controlling a proposal development process.
* Strong experience of managing the general process of developing and producing high quality proposal and tender response documents.
If you find yourself interested in this position please contact Zara Riley on 02392 458018 or email on
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.