I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Project Support Officer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Project Support Officer
Experienced Project Support Officer required for an exciting permanent opportunity in Bristol...
Job DescriptionProject Support Officer
My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Project Support Officer to work within its vibrant PMO team based in Bristol. As a Project Support Officer you'll support, coordinate and manage a diverse portfolio of Projects across the Security & Information Systems (S&IS) Division which includes Cyber Security and Air Traffic Systems.
The role will work closely with a number of key stakeholders across the Division (Project Managers, Finance, Commercial, Sales and Senior Management) to ensure the overall Divisional portfolio governance.
Working to the Divisional Head of the Project Office, the role will encompass;
* Proactively oversee and coordinate a multitude of projects, reporting on project governance and performance, in line with set standards
* Setup and establish regular project and business unit level meetings ensuring the monthly operational framework is adhered to and complete
* Assist in the development and maintenance of project plans, schedules and WBS mapping into corporate ERM systems
* Creation, maintenance and monitoring of project performance ensuring full analysis of cost, schedule and quality through lifecycle of project(s)
* Assist in the production of Divisional resource utilisation, forward loading and 'supply/demand optimisation'
* Supporting Project Managers and wider stakeholders with project cost interrogation and reporting, ensuring costed plans and actual performance is in line with relevant/extant budgets/forecasts
* Creation and maintenance of commercial / customer milestones plans and billing schedules
* Track and manage risk & maintain RAID documentation.
Successful candidates will already have some experience within similar roles and must exhibit and demonstrate the following key skills, knowledge and qualifications:
* Understanding of key project management principles gained through a combination of work experience and qualification (APMP / PRINCE2)
* Experience working with defence or aerospace or similar industry
* Understanding and knowledge of key Financial and Commercial principles and ability to discuss / present these principles (of applicable projects) to wider stakeholders to provide guidance and assistance with key decision making
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills, notably MS Excel (Pivot Tables, LOOKUPS, nested formula) as a minimum
* Strong, confident and persuasive communicator who is able to communicate with stakeholders across the wider business at a multitude of seniorities
* Ability to understand and synthesise complex data and management information to provide insights and analysis to various stakeholders including management in a wider business context
* Confident at building and maintaining robust professional relationships together with outstanding communication skills both written and oral
* Used to delivering within strict deadlines and to budget whilst managing conflicting workloads and priorities.
Please note: To be considered for this position, you must be eligible to undergo UK Security Clearance due to the nature of the projects you will be working on.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be considered for this position, then please apply now or send your CV directly to:
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.