I am a recruitment specialist in the aerospace and defence domain. My skills include resourcing experienced and highly-skilled individuals for roles and projects such as quality assurance, programme support and project management.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
PROJECT PLANNER - AMPTHILL - £43,000 Are you a multi-skilled Project Planner with a proven understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM)? Do you have exposure to MOD or Defence related projects? If yes, my client - one of the world's leading Defence companies - will want to see your CV! **Please note this position is subject to contract** Please read on and apply below!
Job DescriptionJob Title: Project Planner
Location: Ampthill, Bedfordshire
Salary: up to £43,000
Subject to Contract
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking Project Planners to be based on site in Ampthill on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will ideally be currently SC Cleared or must be able to obtain SC Clearance. We cannot consider your application if you do not meet this criteria.
Main Overview: Generating Reports and Planning Management data inputs to Function and Programme. Maintaining Generation, maintenance, review and reporting of the Integrated Master Schedule and associated performance metrics against the baseline. Incorporation of subcontractor schedules into the IMS.
" Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness. Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions.
" Responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of planning and schedule management in support of program capture and execution.
" Leads proposal preparation planning including development of planning artefacts for solicitation response. Interfaces with program management, senior management and the contractual customer as the programs planning integrator.
" Validates cost and schedule integration for effective program performance management.
" Manages vertical and horizontal integration between all schedules and other program artefacts compliant with command media.
" May provide leadership, direction and day to day management of other program planners if applicable.
" Devises modelling and measuring techniques to integrate risks and opportunities with schedule and cost baseline. Performs time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification and schedule risk assessments to assure the capability of the program to meet their commitments.
" Resolves schedule conflicts, develops and implements work-around strategies and tactical alternatives.
" Utilizes performance and health metrics analyses to drive actions resulting in improved program performance.
" Maintenance and status updates of the IMS on a weekly & monthly basis.
" Maintenance of the Performance Measurement Baseline.
" Creation and Maintenance of the Project Business Rhythm.
" Point of contact for both Suppliers and Clients.
" Attendance and Presentation of Schedule Information for client and management reviews.
" Creation of project status reports and slide decks
· A strong individual who will ensure that best planning practice is always adhered to, even in occasional pressurised situations.
· Proven understanding of all aspects of Earned Value Management (EVM)
· The ability to quickly pick up new tool sets and processes, with good analytical skills.
· Proven ability to analyse schedules and cost data for impending difficulties and clearly communicate to Project Manager/Control Account Manager.
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
· Working knowledge of and experience in MS Project 2007/2010 or similar scheduling tools.
· Working knowledge of and experience in SAP cost planning & reporting
· Experience in the development, maintenance and control of complex event-driven
· Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
· Experience in planning and scheduling in complex design and development programmes (preferably MoD or Defence related) and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.