I cover a wide range of vacancies across the defence sector working on contract and permanent opportunities. I use my expertise to source quality candidates and maintain client relationships. My background is aerospace, working for one of the UK's largest commercial airlines. I am now using my…
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
My client, a major defence client based in Stevenage, require a Project officer on a 6 month CONTRACT Basis to join their team! APPLY NOW!
Job DescriptionProject Officer
This role will require you to work with the Manufacturing project teams in delivering missiles and test equipment throughout their product life-cycles and in accordance with established Client project control methodologies.
The role of Project Officer provides support to a range of deliverable products across multiple Manufacturing task areas and can provide a stepping stone for further progress within a project management environment.
The Project Officer support the Heads of Manufacturing and Production Project Managers across multiple projects and sites as required, providing delivery of the following:
• Maintenance and regular reporting of project Key Performance Indicators.
• Act as an interface within Manufacturing to help ensure programme delivery, quality and cost.
• Provide, understand and present information at internal reviews and meetings.
• Assist the team with Risk and Opportunity management.
• Assist in the compilation of Manufacturing estimates and Cost at Completions.
• Assist in the compilation and analysis of workload forecast.
• Compilation and maintenance of project programmes and schedules.
• Maintain and improve the interface with internal customers and external departments.
• Some travel between various sites will be required.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
• Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise as well as manage day-to-day tactical decisions.
• A clear, strong and effective communicator.
• Numerate and confident with basic mathematics
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the basic application of Project Management skills at an assistant level.
• Computer literacy - basic but proven skills required in MS Word, spread sheets, presentations and planning tools.
Experience with SAP materials management system and Primavera 6 planning tool is preferred but not essential.
• Local, job specific training will be provided as appropriate.
Whats in it for you:
Duration: 6 Months
Should you be interested in applying for or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Ashley Appleby on 02392 228264 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy.
We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.