I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Project Office Manager
Project Office Manager
Are you a Project Office Manager looking for a new opportunity with a fantastic organisation?
Job DescriptionJob Title: Project Office Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Package: Excellent Package & Benefits on offer
I am currently working on behalf of a client who are an international defence organisation looking to recruit a Professional Project Office Manager to manage and lead a Project office team to deliver professional planning, financial control and risk management to their Bedfordshire business area which includes Electronic Counter Measures.
In this position you will be responsible for the following:
* Provision of professional planning and control to business area
* Management of Project Office support staff to allow efficient operating and reporting of the Programme Group.
* Implementation of tools and processes consistently across the Programme Groups.
* Manage and communicate issues to senior management
* Mentor less experienced members of the team
* Performance management of project office staff
* Champion outstanding customer service
* Set goals and provide direction and leadership for team
* Deliver agreed performance targets
* Encourage continuous development of people and processes
* Specify training and development requirements
* Manage project office budgets
To be considered for this position the following skills and knowledge is required:
Knowledge and Experience:
* Substantial project planning experience
* Proven track record of managing change programmes
* Experience gained in Defence, Aerospace, or Space Qualifications
* Familiar with all aspects of project management
* Able to manage in a matrix environment
* Good grasp of Risk and Earned Value Management
* Proven track record managing teams of professional planners
Style and Skills:
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to challenge and present at Senior Management level
* Personal presence and credibility
* Commercially aware
* Excellent planning/project management skills
* Motivational and creative individual
It is considered highly desirable if you have the following attributes:
* Knowledge of modern integrated business systems (SAP ,ERP Artemis)
* Educated to a degree level or equivalent / Flexibility for the right type of individual
* Experience gained in an associated technical discipline organisation
Please Note: Due to the nature of the opportunity you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.