I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Project Manager to join their growing team in Bedfordshire. The successful Project Manager will manage the entirety of a Project to deliver to an external Customer or manage part of the scope of a larger programme. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Project Manager
Salary: Up to £55,000 + Benefits
Location: Bedfordshire (Commutable from: Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Stevenage, Leighton Buzzard, Northampton)
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Project Manager to join their growing team in Bedfordshire. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £55,000 per annum. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The successful Project Manager will manage the entirety of a Project to deliver to an external Customer or manage part of the scope of a larger programme.
On the basis of receiving Contract authorisation for your assigned scope the Project Manager is accountable for the following:
* Managing execution of and transition between all phases, including bid decision, proposal development, negotiations, award, startup, execution, sustainment, and contract closure.
* The development/updating of the Statement of Work, WBS, WBS Dictionary, IMP.
* Establishing and maintaining approved plans, technical, cost, schedule, and resource baselines
* Developing and agreeing Works Authorisation in line with the baseline.
* Ensure the scope description clearly defines the work scope in sufficient detail such that the planning adequately reflects the work to be accomplished within budget and schedule requirements.
* Establishing clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for the team.
* Preparation, maintenance and updating resourcing plans and engage with resource owners to ensure the team is staffed with the skills and experience to meet the objectives.
* Achieve performance, cost, schedule, quality, revenue, and profit objectives.
* Where required implementing a Programme Performance Management process, including the application of Earned Value Management principles. Ensuring that EVM requirements are flowed down to subcontractors if applicable.
* Implement for a risk and opportunity management plan and process
* Ensuring the application of quality management processes
* Determining schedule status of all active work packages on a monthly basis at least.
* Where applicable determining the earned value status for all active work packages.
* Generation, analysis and review of Estimate-At-Completion on a monthly basis, taking into account the impact of cost, schedule, and technical performance.
* Coordinate schedule and cost variance issues and implement corrective action plans.
* Reviewing and approving performance data and schedule progress according to the established business rhythm at least monthly
* Ensuring independent assessment of proposal and project progress and performance.
* Compliance to processes and procedures.
* Leading and managing the assigned team to successfully deliver the objectives.
* Identify, address and resolve conflicts.
* Managing the stakeholders according to their interests and influences.
* Experienced in delivering successful Projects in a corporate environment
* Frequent interaction with senior leader's proven record of shaping/influencing financial/strategic decision making
* Strong leadership attributes
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.