Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
We are looking for a proven Project Manager to work on a Parcel Sorting System from East Midlands Airport. This is a permanent position working for one of the UK's largest Engineering/Defence Companies. If you have a proven background in delivering technical engineering project on time and budget, then this could be the next role for you.
Job DescriptionProject Manager
My client is a leading provider of systems and solutions to Sortation and Baggage distribution within material handling: consulting, design, engineering, fabrication, installation & integration services.
They are a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimise the supply chain; implementing multiple integrated systems for a variety of market sectors. Leveraging the data and technologies within fulfilment centres helps measure progress and improve operations, strengthening the entire supply chain, whilst providing customers with a total logistics solution package.
They are now looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. To manage a current project through to end of final acceptance, ensuring that it is completed on time, within budget, to the agreed scope and meet the customer's agreed specification and their quality expectations.
Key Responsibility Areas
* To manage this project until completion
* To ensure that the contract is completed on time, within budget, to the agreed scope and that they meet custom's agreed specification.
* Issue weekly and monthly reports to inform the Company of progress against budget and programme, listing any cost variations, identifying significant problem areas and with updated payment schedule.
* Maintain good control over the cost development of the contract and give accurate predictions of over or under spending. Use the Leonardo cost monitor sheet to present this information
* Deal with the customer on all contractual matters, including claim management with office support as necessary
* Maintain and implement an up to date project time schedule; this has to indicate clearly the critical path of activities and any deviations from plan
* Co-ordinate and check all technical interfaces and activities. Ensure design meets contract requirements, with office engineering support as necessary
* Co-ordinate the specification of, and trigger procurement of equipment, products and services together with appropriate departments
* Initiate creation and issue of documentation to customers with office support
* Co-ordinate and ensure customer training is completed with office support
* Remain the focal point for the customer to the end of final acceptance
* Produce invoice schedules and ensure that the customer is correctly invoiced throughout the project
* Create appropriate handover documentation
* Obtain signed handover of contract
* Production of RAMS, issue Health and Safety Policy, issue hazard and risk analysis, compliance with CDM and any other regulations with office support and to ensure all RAMS are reviewed and logged
To be successful in this role, you will have a proven track record in delivering projects across a broad spectrum within an associated industry (automation, warehousing and materials handling); will have a minimum HNC in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar discipline (Engineering degree desirable): Good knowledge of MS Project, Excel and Word and ideally Project management training / qualification.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Mark Burden on 02392458042 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.