I am a recruitment specialist in the aerospace and defence domain. My skills include resourcing experienced and highly-skilled individuals for roles and projects such as quality assurance, programme support and project management.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
PROJECT MANAGER (X2) - AMPTHILL - 12 MONTHS - £60 P/HR Are you an accomplished Senior Project Manager with a background in Engineering? Do you have experience of managing and executing all phases including Bid, Proposal, Award and Start-Up? If yes, my client - one of the world's leading Defence companies - will want to see your CV! Please read on and apply below!
Job DescriptionJob Title: Project Manager (x2)
Location: Ampthill, Bedfordshire
Rate: up to £60 p/hr
Duration: 12 month contract
Please note this job opportunity is subject to contract, but if the contract is awarded the start date will be mid-November.
My client are looking for 2 Project Managers to manage the entirety of a Project to deliver to an external customer or manage part of the scope of a larger programme. A Defence background would be advantageous, but not essential; an Engineering background is needed, but your experience can come from a variety of backgrounds.
On the basis of receiving Contract/Budget authorization for their assigned scope the Project Manager is accountable for:-
* Managing execution of and transition between all phases, including bid decision, proposal development, negotiations, award, start-up, execution, sustainment, and contract closure.
* The development/updating of the Statement of Work (SOW), WBS, WBS Dictionary, IMP.
* Establishing and maintaining approved plans, technical, cost, schedule, and resource baselines
* Developing and agreeing Works Authorization (WADs) in line with the baseline.
* Ensure the scope description clearly defines the work scope in sufficient detail such that the planning adequately reflects the work to be accomplished within budget and schedule requirements.
* Establishing clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for the team.
* Preparation, maintenance and updating resourcing plans and engage with resource owners to ensure the team is staffed with the skills and experience to meet the objectives.
* Achieve performance, cost, schedule, quality, revenue, and profit objectives.
* Where required implementing a Programme Performance Management process, including the application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles. Ensuring that EVM requirements are flowed down to subcontractors if applicable.
* Implement for a risk and opportunity management plan and process
* Ensuring the application of quality management processes
* Determining schedule status of all active work packages on a monthly basis at least.
* Where applicable determining the earned value status for all active work packages.
* Generation, analysis and review of Estimate-At-Completion on a monthly basis, taking into account the impact of cost, schedule, and technical performance.
* Coordinate schedule and cost variance issues and implement corrective action plans.
* Reviewing and approving performance data and schedule progress according to the established business rhythm at least monthly
* Ensuring independent assessment of proposal and project progress and performance.
* Compliance to processes and procedures.
* Leading and managing the assigned team to successfully deliver the objectives.
* Identify, address and resolve conflicts.
* Managing the stakeholders according to their interests and influences.
All successful applicants will be required to have the necessary residency requirements to achieve security clearance at the appropriate level for this position. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.