I specialise in contract recruitment within the vehicle technologies and automotive industry. I have a broad experience working with automotive OEMs and UK-based consultancies. Recruiting various roles within design, studio, quality and costing; from technician level through to management.
Project Engineer - Body Electronics
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Project Engineer - Body Electronics
A leading automotive OEM is seeking a highly experienced Project Engineer within Body Electronics to join their Gaydon team. The opportunity will allow you to work within the UK automotive industry that is known best for premium and sports cars. This famous and iconic manufacturer are offering a long-term contract opportunity that will you to work with their current and future vehicle ranges and manage the project for all current and new body electronics systems.
Job DescriptionPROJECT ENGINEER - BODY ELECTRONICS
Location: CV35 - Gaydon, Warwickshire
Job Type: Contract
Date Posted: 14th September
Job Title/s: Body Electronics Engineer, Project Engineer, Lead Engineer
An opportunity has arisen within a leading automotive client, based out of their Gaydon site. The role of Project Engineer - Body Electronics is responsible for project management for the introduction of new or modified Body Electronics systems.
-Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
-Experienced in a commodity delivery or project management role
-Should have direct experience of working with Body Electronics products
-Must be able to both lead and work within teams effectively
-Must have exceptional planning and organisational skills to ensure delivery of required commodity attributes to quality, on budget and on time
-Must be able to manage external suppliers to deliver best in class systems
-Must have a good working knowledge of body electronics systems
-Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Must possess an engineering mind-set and logical approach to problem solving
-Must be able to manage large workloads in a high pressure environment and prioritise accordingly
-Should have good presentation skills
-Should have a good understanding of engineering process and a working knowledge of industry standard tool sets (FMEA, DVP, Six Sigma, PPAP etc.)
-Proactive approach to supporting prototype builds and resolving issues
-Ability to analyse and validate supplier test data and develop recovery plans where necessary
-Must be able to work under their own initiative with minimum supervision to deliver objectives
-The successful candidate should be prepared to travel when necessary to fulfil this role
- Control and manage the delivery of new and modified Body Electronics systems
- Work with the function owners and integration engineers to create system specifications that meet all current and future requirements
- Lead cross functional PMST reviews to ensure that Body Control systems are delivered in line with the programme targets for function, quality, cost, timing, serviceability and mass
- Manage the commodity CAD package through supplier reviews, working closely with the internal CAD team to ensure robust virtual build process can be achieved
- Develop commodity timing plans to support delivery of AMPCS milestone actions
- Understand technology trends and generate system proposals for inclusion on future programmes
- Produce and control supporting design documentation to demonstrate robust development process. To include DFMEA, DVP, Engineering Release, Concern Resolution and sign-off reports
- Prepare and present strategy and status reports to senior management
- Support vehicle build and launch activities. Investigate, contain and resolve issues as they arise
- Support Purchasing department in defining future commodity strategy
- Support TVM, Current Vehicle Engineering, Purchasing and Production activities with technical assistance throughout the product lifetime
- Undertake other tasks in support of Electrical department or company objectives
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM are award winning experts in technology and engineering recruitment, we fill specialist positions across some of the most competitive technology and engineering industries in the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.