Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
My Client are currently looking for a project engineer to manage the engineering design elements of a Design and Build construction contract through to Hand-over. To represent Crossrail in co-ordinating/liaising with Network Rail (NR) and other Stakeholders on matters of design assurance and design approvals.
Job DescriptionProject Engineer
My Client are currently looking for a project engineer to manage the engineering design elements of a Design and Build construction contract through to Hand-over.
To represent Crossrail in co-ordinating/liaising with Network Rail (NR) and other Stakeholders on matters of design assurance and design approvals.
- Supporting the Engineering Manager in the oversight of the contractor design and / or design works that arise during construction.
- In cases of Contractor Design & Build, assisting in the review of the Contractor's compliance with their responsibilities, as designers, to satisfy Employer's Requirements and Standards, including Undertakings & Assurances, Environmental requirements, CDM obligations.
- For any agreed changes, assisting with monitoring and reporting on the design and deliverables such that the design is delivered on time, to budget meeting Crossrail requirements.
- Providing support with the coordination of the supply of technical information to the designer to allow his programme to progress.
- Providing input to the site based reporting to the Project Manager
- Coordinate the acceptance of contractor produced shop drawings. Assisting with the coordination, facilitation and management of the interfaces, including 3rd party access and approvals between the contractor and FDCs and other parties both internal and external.
- Maintaining communications and process links (in accordance with agreed process maps and communication matrices) to optimise design development.
- Monitoring a verification check on the quality and consistency of "end product" packages to be taken forward.
- Assisting in reviews of FDC's/Contractor's Designer's progression and compliance including contractor technical submissions.
- Assisting in the review and checking appropriate resource and costs utilisation by FDC's/Contractor's Designer's in line with Service Delivery Plans (SDPs).
- Support review of responses to RFI / NCR / FCD where there is a designer input.
- Providing input to reports on FDC/Contractor's Designer's performance on cost, progress and technical issues.
- Supporting coordination of the review and acceptance of test panels and mock ups against design requirements.
- Interfacing with the Chief Engineer's group to assist the FDC's/Contractor's Designer's in obtaining sign-off on designs where required.
- Discharging Crossrail's duties under the CDM Regulations 2007 (and when adopted CDM 2015), complying with the CRL management arrangements for CDM, within their area of responsibility,
Main challenges of the job
- Ensuring FDCs/Contractor's Designer's deliver design/design support to an agreed programme in support of the project/construction schedules
- Ensuring the Contractor achieves quality/completeness of Design Submissions
- Ensuring NR and other Stakeholders provide review and acceptance of design submissions to support the programme.
- When assigned, co-ordinating with NR and other Stakeholders to agree and define the detailed scope of works based on the Stakeholder Agreement.
- Maintaining the design configuration principles established in the Employer's Design
- Degree qualified engineer, or equivalent experience
- Chartered Engineer, or is working towards a professional qualification, in civil engineering, underground construction, mechanical or electrical, or an associated discipline
- A good knowledge of development, design and / or construction of major projects, to include Rail Depots and other similar NR Infrastructure
- A good knowledge of Rail Depot related building structures and their functionality, or other similar NR Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Network Rail GRIP process and approvals
- A good knowledge and of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- A good knowledge of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Understanding of construction quality and ES&H
- Understanding of construction cost management and contracts
For more information please contact Dan Shields at Advanced Resource Managers on 02392 458005 or email
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.