I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a talented Project Accountant to join their team in Whiteley. If successful you would report directly to the Finance Manager and be responsible for the project accounting output. You would also be responsible for supporting the Finance Team to deliver multiple deliverables across the programme finance and accounting disciplines. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Project Accountant
Salary: Up to £35,000 + Benefits
Location: Whiteley (Commutable from: Portsmouth, Southampton, Chichester, Bournemouth, Petersfield and Fareham)
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a talented Project Accountant to join their team on site in Whiteley. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The successful Project Accountant would report directly to the Finance Manager and be responsible for the project accounting output. You would also be responsible for supporting the Finance Team to deliver multiple deliverables across the programme finance and accounting disciplines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) – US & UK
* Analysing accounting issues
* Internal & External Audit support
* Accurate journal entries and ensuring correct recording of payroll, fringe, insurances, rents, pre-paids, liabilities and other expenses.
* Ensure accounts payable, accounts receivable and billings processes are timely, accurate and fully reconciled monthly.
* Ensure appropriate cost allocation and proper distribution to cost objects both in UK & US.
* Financial analysis / modelling as required including support to Capital Expenditure requests.
* Monthly closing processes to very strict deadlines
* Financial & Tax reporting support
* Budget reporting and budget to actual variance analysis
* Expatriate and Local Country National labour, payroll and overhead activities
* Timely clearance of suspense and deferred amounts.
* Ensure international IBS tables are properly maintained and timely billing activity
* Monitoring Tax Equalization receivable balances and properly preparing account reconciliations
* Ensure miscellaneous cash is applied and bank accounts reconciled
* Bachelors level degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
* Qualified ACCA / CIMA candidates preferred but latter stage studiers may be considered
* Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritise, and simultaneously manage multiple tasks/priorities
* Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and work independently
* Demonstrated ability to effective research and resolve accounting issues
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.