I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Programme Manager - Maritime
Programme Manager - Maritime
Are you a Programme Manager with a background in the Maritime domain?...
Job DescriptionJob Title: Programme Manager - Maritime
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £70,000 - £88,000
I am currently recruiting on behalf of my client who is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence domain.
They are currently looking to recruit a Maritime Programme Manager to be responsible for establishing and executing all Military Solutions' Maritime 'delivery' programmes. Furthermore, this position is also responsible for capture pertaining Maritime 'follow-on' business, as determined by the Managing Director, Military Solutions, according to business strategy. Full coordination with UK Business Development & Capture, including with the Maritime Capture Managers, will be needed.
The role will include and cover
* Discharging the Programme Manager function for future Maritime programme delivery, with full responsibility for cost, schedule and performance.
* Discharging the Programme Manager function for follow-on Maritime business Capture, including selected non follow-on Maritime capture and sustainment delivery, with full responsibility for cost, schedule and performance.
* Liaising closely with Business Development, Capture, ISTAR Delivery and Support Solutions Directors, in Maritime franchise 'shaping the game' regarding customer requirements, and determining the most advantageous to the customer. Critical to this will be ensuring appropriate through-life design, facilitating seamless Maritime performance as programme transition through the CADMID lifecycle, with notable focus on the programme start-up phase.
* Responsibility for Profit & Loss, and meeting all financial objectives for the Maritime franchise.
* Assisting in Business Development, particularly in relation to maintaining and expanding the Maritime franchise.
* Engaging with Suppliers to ensure they can effectively deliver value and ensure the organisation meets its commitments.
* Appointing and managing Military Solutions staff to deliver programmes.
* Working with Functional Departments to maintain highly effective teams to deliver programmes.
* Managing Risk and Opportunity to meet Customer objectives.
* Contributing to the development of business strategy.
* Ensure all applicable Quality Assurance and business process concepts and practices are developed, improved, applied and adhered to throughout the programme lifecycle. Ensure programme / proposal compliance with standards, legislation, Corporate Policy Statements and all other required controls.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Proven performance in programme management of high value programmes.
* Proven and extensive background in successful delivery of Maritime programmes to UK MoD
* Proven performance and broad experience with military technology development programmes and campaigns.
* Demonstrated track record of successful P&L management (>$50M annual Revenue).
* Experience leading a matrix organisation, multi-disciplinary team, in developing software, hardware and systems integration programmes.
* A strong engineering background.
* Experience in coordinating/implementing project plans including technical, schedule and budget requirements.
* Strong experience of and proven track record in complying with Business Winning and Capture processes.
* Experience in developing tailored programme management techniques, and establishing internal controls to manage all programme operations and support functions.
* Experience working with a variety of customer communities including UK MoD, UK acquisition and UK partner nation user communities.
* Customer focused with strong skills in developing customer intimacy and trust.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills and experience presenting to internal and external customers, including at senior levels.
* Experienced in staffing utilization, procurement, training, problem resolution, and employee relations (including sub-Contractors).
Please Note: Due to the nature of this position you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.