I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Programme Manager - Maritime
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Programme Manager - Maritime
Talented Programme Manager required to join a growing Maritime division...
Job DescriptionProgramme Manager
£40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
My client is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence domain. They are looking for a Programme Manager to provide support within the Maritime business area.
Specific Job Description
* Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the programme.
* Work with the multi-discipline personnel to achieve programme commitments on time and to budget.
* Work with the Sub-contractor Programme Manager to ensure that the various Programme Major Subcontractors and Suppliers deliver their work share elements in order to support programme goals.
* Embrace change to drive strategic and tactical growth within the Maritime Directorate.
* Create positive customer and colleague experiences to ensure key programme results are achieved on time.
* Develop a positive and cooperative 'One Team' culture within both the organisation and the Suppliers Organisations.
* Develop new business and expand the Maritime product line with new and existing customers.
* Ensure all applicable Programme Management and Business processes are applied and adhered to, whilst challenging the status quo where applicable.
* Provide accurate and timely reports and communication to keep the Maritime Programme Director informed of internal and supplier performance, as well as possible relationship issues.
* Co-ordinate engineering changes through internal and vendor functional groups establishing cost, schedule and performance impacts.
* Support the delivery and achievement of Payment and Mission Success Milestones being achieved on schedule.
* Ensures programme risks and opportunities are identified and managed effectively.
* Travel to Customer and Supplier sites to maintain positive communication lines and meetings as required to meet the needs of the programme.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Have been involved in the management of complex systems integration projects, principally involving defence programmes and maritime systems.
* Have demonstrated Programme Management skills through phases of the programme life cycle.
* Have demonstrated the ability to establish, develop and maintain positive business relationships with customers and colleagues.
* Have demonstrated the ability to create and manage teams to achieve objectives.
* Self-motivated individual with ability to own commitments.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to organise and prioritise own and the teams workload.
* Ability to tailor process.
* Ability to maximise results through respect and trust of the team.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience in both engineering lifecycle and programme management disciplines, within the Maritime environment.
* Experience working with similar MoD customer sets.
* Experience in opportunity identification.
* Ability to embrace change in a growing and dynamic organisation.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Erin Gimson at
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.