I head the Manufacturing &Technologies division and we focus on products that have been designed and manufactured across a breadth of engineering industries. The division covers a range of markets including CEM’s, electronics, automotive, aerospace, rail, avionics, defence, manufacturing, medical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor and machinery & automation.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Our client are looking for a proven Programme Manager to be responsible for the delivery of all new product development and customer application projects. Working as a member of the engineering and operations management team, the role will address all programme management activities and work with functional leaders to ensure the processes and personnel required to deliver a portfolio of projects matches the needs of the business.
Job DescriptionProgramme Manager
£50k - £65k DOE + Company Benefits
The ideal candidate will have a Technical Degree, ideally Prince 2 qualified, with a background in Mechanical and Electrical capabilities.
Key few elements of the role:
- Leadership and direct line management of the Project Management team.
- Developing a programme focused culture
- Strategic planning and forecasting
- Improving project delivery performance
- Ownership and improvement of, the product lifecycle processes, including: NPI, NAI, change control, configuration management, project management and product end of life management;
- Representing customers, suppliers, partners and funding bodies and leading meetings, presentations and other activities as required.
- Management and reporting of product life cycle and programme Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
The candidate must have:
1. Bachelor's Degree - in a technical discipline. Post Graduate qualifications preferred.
2. Project management qualifications (e.g. Prince 2, APMP or equivalent);
3. Proven experience of portfolio programme and contract management
4. Leadership of project managers in a multi-disciplinary, matrix organisation context.
5. Proven record in delivering to plan NPI and customer facing projects;
6. Experience in working in a high technology environment incorporating mechanical & electrical products/systems;
7. Proven ability to develop and implement robust processes, strong analytical ability and a clear thinker;
8. Strong financial and commercial awareness;
9. Knowledge and practical experience of Earned Value Management;
10. Proactive in seeking continuous improvement and setting/achieving challenging objectives
If you are a proven Programme manager, Degree qualified, Prince 2 qualified or any other Project Management qualification, who has worked on Mechanical Engineering products, Introducing New Products, Leadership ability and the skills to implement processes and procedures within a heavy Mechanical Engineering environment, then please do apply do this position.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.