I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Programme Engineering Manager
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main Job Board to see all our current vacancies.
Programme Engineering Manager
A defence giant are now seeking a Programme Engineering Manager to work as part of a growing programme in Bristol on a permanent basis. The successful Programme Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading all engineering aspects of the programme including coordination of the internal programmes, customers, partners, suppliers and Platform Design Organisations. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Programme Engineering Manager
One of the world's largest defence companies are now seeking a Programme Engineering Manager to work as part of a growing programme in Bristol on a permanent basis. Due to the nature of the work all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The successful Programme Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading all engineering aspects of the programme including coordination of the internal programmes, customers, partners, suppliers and Platform Design Organisations (PDOs).
Prime responsibilities will include agreeing and delivering the solution across all applicable platforms. The complex nature of the programme will require the candidate to possess exceptional leadership, influencing, negotiation and diplomacy skills.
* Agree, maintain, manage and report on the engineering programme
* Lead the engineering team. Provide challenging objectives, mentoring and support to allow the team to grow and work effectively together.
* Deliver the overall engineering solution on time, to cost and meeting performance requirements
* Work with the relevant process owners to tailor Engineering Processes and Plans to suit the specific needs of the programme
* Own and implement the overall engineering plan, establishing key performance measures, milestones and interdependencies
* Working as a member of the management team, Manage the risk and opportunity on the programme
* Work closely with the appointed Design, Safety, Security and Design Integrity Authorities to ensure that the delivered technical solution will meet the performance, contractual and legislative requirements.
* Work closely with the Acceptance Authority to ensure that each platform solution meets the acceptance requirements and can be delivered into service to meet the customers programme / technical requirements.
* Challenge and validate engineering estimates and schedules including forward load.
* Coordinate the interface between engineering and other functions.
* Coordinate the interface between engineering and Customers, Partners and Suppliers.
* Educated to degree level in engineering related subject or equivalent experience
* Previous experience of leadership of complex, high value technical programmes
* Excellent understanding of the relevant UK and international industrial capability in relevant technologies
* Proven track record of working effectively with industrial partners in the UK and Overseas
* Knowledge of the Engineering Lifecycle
* Knowledge of UK MoD procurement and system design processes (including MoDAF)
* Strong leadership skills.
* Proven track record of being a team player
* Ability to lead multi-skilled and geographically dispersed teams
* Knowledge of current and future technologies associated with Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) Systems
* Knowledge of the UK MoD test and evaluation and release-to-service processes (Land / Air / Sea)
* Previous experience of managing engineering teams in a partnering environment
* Knowledge and experience of working into military platform level design organisations
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.