The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Our client has a new exciting vacancy for a Procurement Officer to join its team in Romsey. As the Procurement Officer you will support all purchasing activities by developing close working relationships with key suppliers with the aim of delivering cost savings and risk reductions for project & on-site requirements.
Job DescriptionYou will also liaise with Project Managers, Engineers and other staff as well as external suppliers.
This role would suit someone in the early stages of their purchasing career who is looking to develop their skills and experience within a growing and progressive organisation.
* Processing requisitions into purchase orders taking into account the required technical specifications, delivery times, cost & business risk.
* Developing close working relationships with key suppliers in order to deliver cost savings and risk reduction for project & site requirements.
* Procurement of materials & services required by the Company in the most cost effective manner, managing the financial & commercial risks as appropriate.
* Liaising with the Finance department to update purchase orders as & when required.
* Order progressing to ensure on time delivery.
* General administration duties.
* Previous purchasing experience.
* Good working knowledge of SAP, SAGE, Microsoft Word and Excel
* Must be a team player with a hands-on approach.
* Organisation and attention to detail are essential.
* A related qualification e.g. CIPS is desirable but not essential.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve a high level of HMG security clearance (prior to appointment).
As a result, candidates must hold a British passport and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, to include bonus scheme, healthcare and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care. Our client is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.