I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Principal Support Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Principal Support Engineer
A new opportunity has arisen for a Principal Support Engineer to join a defence giant on-site at RAF Coningsby. This position will be responsible for preparing and delivering performance reports against the In-Service Support and Design Organisation services to support performance reviews. This role would particularly suit someone with demonstrable experience in Typhoon Avionics, who has previously worked within a customer technical support environment.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Principal Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum
Location: RAF Coningsby
A market leading defence & security prime are now seeking a Principal Support Engineer to join their team on site at RAF Coningsby. This is a permanent opportunity with a competitive salary of up to £40,000 per annum (dependant on experience) + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain clearance up to DV level.
The primary purpose of this position is to act as the focal point for all UK Avionics technical activities including problem resolution, technical instructions, engineering authority support, DASORs support, STO's, defect investigations, approved data change requests & adhoc requests etc.
The successful Principal Support Engineer will be responsible for providing support to the answering of technical queries raised through Resolve System Enquiries on JAS related equipment, in addition to identifying areas and opportunities for improvement within the JAS Support set up.
* Qualified to HND/HNC or equivalent qualification/experience in Electronic Engineering or related subjects
* On aircraft Typhoon Avionics experience essential
* Experience within a Customer technical support environment desirable
* Candidate should be flexible with regards to working pattern to ensure manpower and resources are maintained through periods of leave, absence etc.
* Available for cross training on other Avionics products and further tasks as required
* Good Leadership skills as well as a good team player who is comfortable dealing with issues with customers or chairing meetings for senior stakeholders
* Excellent communicator
* Good IT Proficiency i.e. Microsoft Packages, Excel, etc.
* Eligible for Security Clearance, up to DV.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.