I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Principal Quality Inspector
Principal Quality Inspector
A new opportunity has arisen for a Principal Quality Inspector to join a defence & security prime in Southampton. If successful you would become the technical lead for all inspection requirements. This role would particularly suit an individual with the ability to influence cross-functional teams to improve quality of product through analysis of data, practical knowledge and experience. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Principal Quality Inspector
Salary: Up to £37,000 per annum
A market leading defence & security prime are now seeking a Principal Quality Inspector to join their team in Southampton. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £37,000 + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The primary purpose of this position will be to define and perform a range of inspection tasks including, goods in, first off, in process and final inspections and calibration. The Principal Quality Inspector will also be responsible for generating inspection processes and defining SAP inspection plans, for all inspection requirements, ensuring quality standards are maintained.
* Proven relevant technical proficiency either through qualification (HND/Degree) or equivalent experience and knowledge.
* Full conversant with designs and detailed engineering drawings prepared to ISO Standards.
* Proficient with programming and operating contact and con-contact measuring equipment - CMM etc.
* Demonstrate the ability to set and check inspection equipment.
* Ability to read, understand and generate written instructions and to record work performed.
* Ability to quickly perform tasks and perform well with small, low volume items of high value.
* Ability to assess, review and understand complicated requirements with a minimum of documentation and to develop well documented processes.
* Excellent communication skills are essential due to training manufacturing staff and liaising directly with internal customers and Process Engineers on a daily basis.
* Experience in communicating with Engineers and cross-functional teams both written and verbally.
* Used to working with a wide variety of inspection equipment.
* Experience with IR detector or vacuum technology.
* Proficient in the use of PCDMIS software.
* Proficient in the use of SAP.
* ESA Standard Solder Inspection Certificated.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.