I joined ARM as a Junior Consultant and have been within the Group for nearly three years, so have a good understanding of the rail industry and the recruitment process. My aim is to successfully meet my clients' needs and assist them with identifying talent and filling roles. I look forward to building bigger, better and stronger relationships not only with our clients but candidates too.
Principal Fire Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Principal Fire Engineer
Principal Fire Engineer Location: Croydon or Altrincham Salary: Negotiable Perm As a Principal Fire Engineer you will be working alongside other senior fire engineers, the role will involve:
Job Description* Developing fire safety strategies, notably for sub-surface metro systems, rail tunnels and road tunnels;
* Specifying and interpreting fire and smoke modelling studies (we use a range of tools including the FDS and CFX computational fluid dynamics software);
* Planning and supervising fire engineering design work, from concept to detailed design stages;
* Planning and supervising site-based work, such as fire risk assessments;
* Ensuring that our work is delivered to programme and budget;
* Providing coaching and advice to junior staff;
* Undertaking formal peer reviews of project work;
* Liaising with project stakeholders and providing expert advice;
* Developing relationships with key clients and supporting business development.
You will report to the Fire engineering leader and be based either in the Croydon or Altrincham office.
Essential academic, professional qualifications and experience of the candidate:
Engineering degree or equivilant, plus a strong track record of fire engineering experience.
Essential competencies / skills:
You will be able to demonstrate strong hands-on experience across the key elements of the role as described above, with the following specific competencies:
Developing fire safety strategies;
* Specifying and interpreting fire and smoke modelling studies;
* Planning and leading fire engineering design work;
* Planning and leading any site-based work.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.