With vast experience within the Oil & Gas industry, my 20 years in recruitment have all been spent working with service and operating companies based in Aberdeen.
Polymer And Lubrication Specialist
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Polymer And Lubrication Specialist
Our client has an urgent requirement for a Polymer and Lubrication Specialist, based in Doncaster, although Global travel will be involved. Ideally lots of experience in processing and hands on specialist role. Ideally from a high performing cable manufacturing background Must have extrusion experience The spec attached covers the 'must have's' under skills / knowledge and experience.
Principal accountabilities shall include but are not be limited to:
* Introduction of new/proven products and processes in the manufacturing facilities
* Enhancement of the existing product range / processes
* Design and specification of the associated processing equipment/tooling
* Production support for polymer related activities to the manufacturing operations across the group
* Support technical sales, operations and central planning department on new enquiries
* support purchasing department with new polymer materials / suppliers
* Establish operational procedures (best practices) and train associated work-force
* Initiate, lead and coordinate evaluation of new materials effectively
* Identify product / process enhancement opportunities
* Value engineer existing solutions
* Prepare technical presentations
* Record and maintain technical reports
* Liaise regularly with other departments i.e. rope technology, quality, projects, operations, site services, etc.
* Provide reports versus agreed targets and deadlines as required.
Global travel will be involved.
Planning & Organising
* Supporting tracking and delivery of OGSM & NPD system milestone targets
* Lead and coordinate work to ensure delivery of the projects and support other projects
Internal & External Relationships
* Set up a functional network with the process engineers within BBRG and polymer experts at company
* Work closely with other industry experts throughout the business
* Liaise with production, logistics, sector sales, customer service, purchasing and design engineering teams to ensure effective management of customer needs.
* External relationships with research & technology organisations, test centres, key suppliers and end users to provide expertise
* Must be an excellent communicator capable of influencing and persuading others.
* Educated to engineering degree level.
* Knowledge of polymer science, engineering and technology.
* Practical experience of working with different types of polymers.
* Higher degree in relevant discipline (polymers, materials science or engineering discipline with Chartered status)
* Research experience on the production and investigation of advanced and novel polymers, lubricants and composite materials.
* New Product and process Development
* Ability to perform detailed experimental investigations
* Practical experience of working with different types of polymers and/or lubricants.
* Skill to communicate clearly and ability to work in a team.
* Skill in writing technical reports.
* Ability to deliver presentations.
* Ability to work independently on projects with minimal direction and complete work in a timely manner.
* Ability to perform effectively under pressure.
* Problem solving and facilitation skills
* Excellent communicator – verbally and written
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Time management
Ability to liaise with external organisations.
* Be able to challenge thinking and encourage buy in from others to new concepts and ways of working.
* A proactive approach to risk identification and avoidance.
* Working within a manufacturing or heavy engineering industry
* Working within an industry where health and safety is paramount
* Proven experience in assisting with change and change processes including new ways of working and business improvements
* Proven project management experience
* Development reviews and constructing development plans.
* Experience with thermoplastics such as polyamides, polyesters and polyurethanes.
* Practical experience with polymer extrusion processes.
* Experience with rope or cable making processes
Experience of working in an R&D, technology role.
Promoting continuous improvement within the business with drive and passion
Accurate and on time, add value without affecting the core responsibility of the role
Multi team approach, must be able to work with all departments within the organisation
Adhere to policy and ensure others do, ethical, ensure controls in place
Do what you say you will do, ensure team does also, take responsibility for solving problems
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.