Aiden specialises in contract recruitment within the Automotive industry, recruiting for a range of roles within design, purchasing, quality and simulation engineering.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
An iconic British high-performance sports car manufacturer. Your unparalleled vehicle packaging experience. A match made in automotive heaven. We're helping this incredible, well-known client find several engineers to join its team in the Midlands. Interested?
Our client is a prestigious brand with an illustrious history in the automotive industry. In addition to its enviable reputation in the market and beyond, this luxury company prides itself on its people. It boasts an exceptional working culture; you'll be working with passionate and engaged people who truly care about what they do: creating premium vehicles.
Over the years, its employees has rated it among the Times Top 100 Graduate Employers, one of the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For and it also has received a Big Tick for Environmental Leadership, which is evidence that the company upholds its strong values. The brand is the leader in its field, pioneering innovation and sustainable car production.
You'll know them. And you'll want to work for them.
Working at the client's state-of-the-art headquarters, the Package Engineer will be part of a dedicated team which is involved in a variety of vehicle programmes, from luxury SUVs to hybrid hypercars. The main job purpose is to construct vehicle package layout CAD geometry - which means you'll have a massive impact on the production of some amazing, possibly future-classic, cars.
The key role responsibilities include:
- Creating reference geometric package layouts in 2D and 3D CAD, supporting the Project Engineer and meeting team targets
- Negotiating component location with PMT and PMST reps to achieve efficient package safeguarding customer space targets, and protecting legal and functional geometric requirements
- Creating engineering design and drawings, enabling the build and modification of physical package bucks
- Project-managing the creation and modifications to package bucks
- Running package meetings and providing package schemes to resolve cross functional issues
- Raising and leading the resolution of package related concerns
- Supporting Virtual Series activity by ensuring the delivery of CAD, from PMTs to required maturity, and conducting package target compliance analysis.
We're looking for similarly enthusiastic and engaged people to fill the Package Engineer roles; people who will work with integrity, demonstrate understanding and strive for excellence. Who have an unmistakable passion for sports cars. Exactly the kinds of people that can help maintain the client's prestigious standing in the industry.
It would also be advantageous if you possessed the following:
- A Degree in Engineering
- Experience in whole vehicle package
- Knowledge of legal requirements
- Work experience in an Automotive cross-functional role. Working knowledge of vehicle attributes would be beneficial
- The ability to use Vis Mock-up to an advanced level, NX and Team Centre. Plus MS Tools: Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Clear communication and good organisation skills.
- The ability to negotiate and arbitrate between PMTs and PATs to achieve the best geometric solutions for the product
- Driving Licence.
This truly is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to work for one of the world's iconic car marques. If this role sounds like it was made for you, or that you were made for the role, then please apply. If you'd like any further information, contact me on the number below.
Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) operates and advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.