Meet Charlie, junior recruitment consultant in our Manufacturing & Technologies team. He works a variety of engineering roles with clients in many different sectors.
NPI Production Engineer
NPI Production Engineer
Are you a Production Engineer looking for a new role within a FTSE 100 company? If so this might be the role for you!
Job DescriptionNPI Production Engineer
£30-£40k plus excellent benefits
Our client is a well renowned FTSE 100 company that has been operating for the better part of 200 years, with the aim to lead the way in the development of sustainable technologies.
They are currently recruiting for a NPI Production Engineer. Reporting to the Operations Production Engineering Manager you are responsible for delivering the recipes required for successful product release and transferring product and process knowledge from Technology to the Value Stream Production Engineers. In this role you will lead a team who are experts in function and recipe settings of new and existing manufacturing equipment used to produce and test new technologies at the clients site in Royston.
- Oversees all functional activity for the NPI Production team; including capability development, objective setting, standards and procedures and provides technical lead.
- Manage the performance and development of direct reports and provide coaching and guidance to the team
- Maintain resource allocation (scheduling, organising and controlling allocation of resource) plans for the team of Production Engineers.
- Ensuring that manufacturing capability is in place for new product validations.
- Accountable for identifying the processing risks and issues associated with NPI and using technical knowledge to resolve complex issues to minimise impact/ risk to business.
- Identification of staffing requirements and the recruitment, selection and training of new team members
Are you the ideal candidate? You will have:
- University education in a scientific or engineering discipline (chemical, process or similar) or equivalent experience gained within JM or externally.
- Experience in leading and motivating a technically competent team.
- Experience of influencing at different levels within an organisation.
- Experience of slurry chemical batching, coating processes and heat treatment in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience of automated systems including robotics, vision, marking and packaging.
- Experience of new product, process and equipment introductions is required.
- Ability to support projects in a multi-disciplinary and complex environment.
- Excellent communication skills are required to work across a diverse range of functions.
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety practices including COSHH, REACH and COMAH.
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing practices and value stream mapping desired.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems ISO16949, ISO14001 and ISO18001.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.