I work within the IT sector and help make life easier for candidates when it comes to finding a new job. IT is dynamic and constantly growing. I focus on everything from project managers to software developer roles.
This is a great permanent opportunity for a Microsoft Stack Developer who is looking for a permanent role in a good company. You will have the opportunity to develop high-quality solutions across small and large scale projects. Read on to find out more!
Job DescriptionSoftware Developer (C#,ASP.NET) - Basingstoke
£40,000 - £46,000pa + bens
Key skills: C#, ASP.Net, SQL, Development, Agile
A market-leading, British Insurance brand, with over 100 years' heritage behind them. They employ over 8000 people in the UK-alone and pride themselves on offering a superb customer experience, both online and in-person.
As a Developer, you will be responsible for the development (incl. low-level solution design) and maintenance (Level 3) of IT solutions in your given area.
You will specialise in C#,.NET development, adopting both Agile and Waterfall delivery methods to drive the delivery of high-quality solutions in a cost effective manner.
What will I be doing?
* Working closely with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand the business requirements and to drive the design and build of high-quality technical solutions
* Delivering functionality (as part of both small/BAU changes and large projects) that fully meets the defined functional and non-functional requirements (evidenced by execution of agreed test cases) within committed timescales and budget
* Defining, maintaining and executing unit test cases
* Providing Level 3 Application Support, exercising troubleshooting and methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues. In some cases, you may be expected to provide call out for 2nd and 3rd line support 'out of hours'
* Ensuring delivered code is developed in line with agreed coding standards, such that we deliver maintainable and performant code
* Creating technical documentation, in line with agreed SDLC and documentation standards
* Proven .Net & C# development experience
* Comfortable working with SQL Server
* An in-depth understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle (ideally in both waterfall and agile models)
* Experience of developing and deploying IT solutions in complex (i.e. multi-project, multi-system) environments and aligned to multiple delivery methodologies (e.g. Waterfall and Agile)
* Demonstrable experience in the timely delivery of small-medium scale development programmes/ projects
* Experience of delivering with vendor teams would be beneficial, ideally with an offshore component
* In-depth technical knowledge of a range of technologies to be supported SAP / Java & JS / Oracle / Tibco etc
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. Our industry coverage includes, but is not limited to: Infrastructure and Built Environment, IT (including Security, Communications, SaaS, ERP, IT Sales, and more) Oil and Gas, Defence, Engineering and Technology, Technical Sales, Energy, Space, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and much, much more. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.