Media Relations Manager
Media Relations Manager
A leading Aerospace and Defence company are seeking a Media Relations Manager on a contract basis in North Wales.
Job DescriptionMedia Relations Manager
Location: Broughton, Flitshire
Contract: 6 months
Rate: £16 (PAYE Only)
- Jobholder is responsible for media/external communications engagement (traditional and social media) in support of the UK media relations strategy based in Broughton but also covering Filton site.
- Post holder will work closely with the Head of Communications and other senior stakeholders to identify and exploit suitable external PR opportunities and manage our relationships with key external stakeholder groups
- Effectively managing media relations/PR issues in the UK covering both the Broughton and Uk sites activities
- Identifying and successfully exploiting all relevant external media/PR opportunities with an aim to gaining positive coverage in the regional, national and specialist media.
- Using all appropriate media tools (inc social media) to proactively organise and mount effective PR campaigns. This will include drafting press releases, speeches, contributing to social media campaigns and managing media visits/briefings
- Working closely with key stakeholders in Toulouse Communications and UK senior management and advising on all PR matters including defensive and reactive lines.
- Leading on the media relations aspects of the Uk's Crisis Comms plan and helping produce comms material such as speeches/Lines To Take/Tweets etc.
- Liaising with key organisations such as Customers/suppliers/RAeS/CIPR to ensure appropriate levels of Airbus involvement in external events (conferences etc) and also validating PR material
- The post holder will work with the media and communications team in the UK and TLS to ensure all positive media and pr opportunities in the UK are fully identified and exploited using digital and traditional media.
- The post holder will ensure appropriate PR plans are put in place to respond to issues that may negatively impact on the business and that senior managers are media trained to respond as requested
- Working with external industry groups and contractors to ensure appropriate levels of support and engagement across a range of external PR activities.
- The post holder will have a budget of approximately £50k. The post holder will have no line management responsibilities and will report to the Head of UK Communications.
The skill set for the successful individual is as follows:
- Excellent communication Skills - Written and Verbal
- Experience in writing Press releases and under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Stakeholder management is Key.
- Ideally looking for someone with 5+ years experience and mid career. Experience with managing news agenda and able to identify positive news stories and dealing with difficult situations.
Should you be interested in applying for or hearing more about this position please submit your application within or call Ashley Appleby on 02392 228264 or email your latest CV
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.