Meet Charlie, junior recruitment consultant in our Manufacturing & Technologies team. He works a variety of engineering roles with clients in many different sectors.
Mechanism Design Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Mechanism Design Engineer
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer looking for that next interesting opportunity? Would you like to work with exciting new technologies, mission critical mechanisms set for use in outer space? If so, please read on…
Job DescriptionMechanisms/Mechanical Design Engineer
£35k - £40k
Our client is a market leader in the innovation and development of systems for small commercial satellites based in the UK, and it is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join its Mechanisms Team to work on numerous future product families, such as Reaction Wheels; Antenna Pointing Mechanisms; Imager Focus Mechanisms; Deployable and Tracking Solar Arrays; and Robotic Arms.
This role requires a high level of electro-mechanical technical design coupled with analysis and test experience as well. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with an engineering background who wants to get their hands on stimulating technologies in an exciting industry.
- Design and analysis of new or evolution of existing mechanism products including working with other areas of the business for system trade-offs.
- Design for manufacture (DFM)
- Hands-on engineering including development and flight build, testing and spacecraft integration
- Managing multiple tasks and work packages in parallel with changeable priorities
- Interfacing with internal and external customers including presentations, technical reviews, meetings
- Authoring technical documents (e.g. design reports, procedures, test reports)
- Demonstrated experience of mechanical design (e.g. machine design) either within academia, or within career or as a hobby (e.g. robotics or similar)
- Mechanical design experience including: stress-critical components; precision tolerance analysis; drafting; materials awareness; and fabrication/manufacture methods appreciation
- MEng or BEng or equivalent in engineering
- Knowledge of components (e.g. bearings, actuators, transmissions, feedback devices)
- Use of CAD and FEA software knowledge preferable with design/idealisation intent
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.