I head the Manufacturing &Technologies division and we focus on products that have been designed and manufactured across a breadth of engineering industries. The division covers a range of markets including CEM’s, electronics, automotive, aerospace, rail, avionics, defence, manufacturing, medical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor and machinery & automation.
Mechanical Engineer - Hybrid Powertrains
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Mechanical Engineer - Hybrid Powertrains
Due to an exciting new project, our expanding client are looking for skilled, creative Mechanical Engineers capable of delivering solutions of the highest standard on fast paced and technically challenging projects.
Job DescriptionERS Mechanical Engineers
In addition to its Powertrain business, our client also undertakes, advanced, high technology projects in order to transfer F1 technologies and know-how into mainstream automotive and high performance road cars.
As an ERS Mechanical Engineer within the Automotive Engineering Group you will be working on solutions for the complete range of products found within a high performance, high voltage hybrid system. Responsibilities include but are not limited to requirements capture, concept design, detailed design, manufacturing support, writing test documentation and supporting validation testing. Where appropriate you may need to make calculations from first principals or use simulation tools to aid in the specification of a component or system. You will always need to deliver models and drawings that comply with company standards and generate appropriate documentation to support the company’s engineering release process.
The role demands a high degree of contact with the electronics team, systems integration engineers, power systems designers and other engineering functions within the department. You will also have to work closely with the procurement team, build and testing operations to deliver complex system solutions efficiently and in a timely manner. You will be responsible for ensuring that the components or systems on which you are working function to requirements at the point of delivery and that issues and faults arising are dealt with rapidly.
Role Specific Accountabilities
• Delivering world class engineering solutions of the highest quality in order to meet project targets
• Creation of robust and versatile models to demonstrate concepts
• Producing engineering release documentation, technical procedures, test requests and reports, including product development, validation and legislative verification
• Delivery of detailed designs and drawings in accordance with agreed deadlines
• Delivery of detailed designs and drawings that support right first time principals
• Building working relationships with internal and external departments
• Championing best practice and technically challenging development of processes
• Communication of technical solutions to the customer
• Liaison with internal and external suppliers
• Day today management of their tasks
• Health and safety of his or herself within the work environment, and giving guidance to others
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• 2+ years’ experience in challenging, and relevant engineering environment
• Excellent all round knowledge of mechanical engineering practices and systems
• Experience of hybrid powertrain component design
• Previous experience of technical prioritisation within a given area of responsibility
• To be highly proficient is the use of CAD software for solid modelling (Catia V5)
• Ability to read and create engineering drawings, good knowledge of geometric tolerancing
• PC literate including MS office products
• Experience of working with high voltage (1kV) and high power electrical drive systems (100kW+)
• Experience of FEA simulation tools.
• High grade degree in a relevant engineering subject
• Chartered Engineer Professional Registration
• Be highly self-motivated, proactive and have good organisation skills
• Be creative, innovative and inquisitive
• Have close attention to detail, and be driven to deliver engineering of the highest quality
• Have an ability to work to strict deadlines
• Have excellent problem solving skills
• Have good verbal and written communication skills
• Be a team player, promoting a diverse culture of collaboration
• Demonstrate pragmatism, accountability and credibility
• Be flexible in the approach toward working hours
• Have previous experience in a “customer facing” technical environment
• Have previous experience working within automotive road car programmes
• Have German language skills
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.