The typical job roles which I recruit for include Project Engineers, Project Managers, Electrical / Mechanical Engineers, Electrical / Mechanical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Reliability Engineers, RAMS Consultants and Senior Management. I currently work within the Manufacturing & Technologies…
Mechanical Engineer (Electro-mech)
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Mechanical Engineer (Electro-mech)
I am looking to speak with Design Engineers who have experience of working with Electro-Mech Products. Candidates will need to have experience of using SolidWorks.
Job DescriptionMechanical Engineer (Electro-Mechanical)
I am currently working with a Medical Device Manufacturer who are currently looking to add talent to their existing team.
With expansion growth plans over the next year, this is a great opportunity to join as a Mechanical Engineer.
The primary purpose of the Mechanical Engineer (Manufacturing bias) role is to participate in the creation and evolution of the mechanical design of the company's products, whilst ensuring full compliance with applicable medical device regulations and standards. This role will also be responsible for reviewing and managing the outsource manufacturing process specifications, quality and controls.
For this position we are seeking Mechanical Engineers with an electro-mechanical bias from a design perspective. Design Software experience should also include Solidworks.
Industry experience would also ideally Medical but other sectors can be considered.
- Take a strong lead in managing the specification and outsource manufacturing control of the Company's products down to assembly & component level
- Analyse performance of components, subsystems and systems to determine root cause of failures
- Formulate solutions to identified problems in conjunction with team members where necessary
- Analyse opportunities for design improvement including but not limited to thermal, acoustic, EMC, electrical safety, functional safety, reliability, weight, cost, assembly & serviceability
- Develop appropriate design solutions through CAD, prototyping & experimental testing
- Define component, subsystems and system level tests to verify design acceptance prior to formal verification
- Produce production quality designs that satisfy all technical, quality and commercial requirements
- Create/contribute to design and test documentation compliant with the Quality Management System, suitable for use in regulatory Technical Files
- Problem management - identify technical issues; log in issue management system
- Solve/contribute to solving identified issues as prioritized and within required timeframes
- Identify opportunities for engineering process change to drive efficiency
- Mechanical Engineering Degree: BSc (Hons.) or BEng (Hons.) (or professional experience achieving similar competence in the discipline may be acceptable)
- Knowledge of electrical systems, electrical components and software control
- Knowledge of manufacturing process quality & controls
- Hands-on system-level engineering experience, delivering mechanical designs for complex devices
- Experience in volume-manufactured solutions, preferably in the healthcare industry (experience in other regulated industries may be acceptable)
- Experience of working in to the requirements of a Quality Management System (ISO 9001 and/or ISO 13485), covering Mechanical Design, verification, production and field support
- Sound understanding of risk management principles applied to the development of safety-critical systems
- Mechanical Engineering (Highly competent, capable of growing the role)
- System Engineering (Adequate understanding of electronic engineering disciplines applicable to the Company's products)
- IT Skills
- Microsoft Windows 7 & 8 (Proficient)
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Highly proficient)
- Mechanical Design Tools - Solid Works (Proficient)
Please contact Cassie Moore for more information.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.