I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Mechanical Design Engineer
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team in Bedfordshire. The job involves a wide range of mechanical design skills primarily focused on producing a portfolio of ruggedized enclosures for the military domain. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Rate: Up to £45 per hour Ltd
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Bedfordshire (Commutable from: Milton Keynes, Bedford, Luton, Stevenage, Leighton Buzzard, Northampton)
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team in Bedfordshire. This is an initial 6 month contract with rates up to £45 per hour Ltd. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
The job involves a wide range of mechanical design skills, primarily focused on producing a portfolio of ruggedized enclosures for the military domain, including:
* Working within and promoting the use of the Product Development Processes (PDP), which provides the guidance, instructions and controls need to deliver a high end product.
* Use of CREO2 (Pro-Engineer), from concept through to final engineering data package
* The ability to produce technical documentation to support all activities, from trade studies to final assembly instructions
* Communicating with all stakeholders from Project Management through to Manufacturing, to ensure all views are gauged and understood before, during and after delivery of the detailed design
* The ability to lead small scale design tasks, resourcing the support needed to deliver, while ensuring the cost and schedule achievement of the task
* Able to understand System Requirements and have the ability to incorporate these into the design
* Able to understand, interpret and produce complex engineering drawings and specifications
* The ability to operate CREO2 (Pro-Engineer) CAD in the execution of daily activities
* Strong team player with good written and verbal communication skills
* Windchill Product Data Management
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.