Aiden specialises in contract recruitment within the Automotive industry, recruiting for a range of roles within design, purchasing, quality and simulation engineering.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Are you looking for a career change? Do you have experience within an engineering environment and looking for a move into a purchasing environment? We are recruiting a Material Planner to join our client in the medical industry.
* To ensure the Movex ERP plan is both realistic and credible and along with production pull system excel spreadsheets is the acknowledged source of information on the production schedule.
* To ensure Purchase Orders are placed and approved as directed by the ERP system and action exception messages according to agreed guidelines.
* To utilise the tools available (e.g. exception reports and spreadsheets) to track the progress of individual products and parts and take the necessary corrective action required to ensure the product is built to the ERP plan.
* To expedite or amend orders with Suppliers and liaise with transport companies as necessary to ensure material is available in time for Manufacturing Order Picking.
* To resolve documentation or movex errors at goods inwards and close off the relevant NCRs
* To ensure that stock levels are maintained in accordance with departmental policy specified at the Stock Management Meeting.
* To assess internal requests for material and factory labour and negotiate agreed delivery dates.
* To ensure all repairs to product are actioned in a controlled, timely and cost effective manner.
* To participate in daily Priority Sheet reviews.
* To participate in Supplier Reviews and other supplier contact meetings as requested.
* To resolve invoice non-conformances (or escalate to the Purchasing Department as appropriate).
* To participate in improvements projects throughout the business as assigned by the Planning Controller.
* Create Master Production Schedules based on authorised Supply MOPS schedule.
* Commercial Order manufacturing acceptance and the consequent customisation of Manufacturing Orders to meet the Customer Order Requirements.
* Manufacturing Order amendments authorised by Production Permit (PP), Concession, Advance Action Engineering Change Request (AAECR), Engineering Change Order (ECO) or as directed by the Engineering Change Planner and Purchasing.
* Stock adjustments up to authorised value.
* Unlimited material issue using ERP requirements.
* Printed Routing allocation to specific Manufacturing Order numbers when required.
* Independent Work Request authorisation to carry out agreed work to agreed timescales.
* Non Conformance Report (NCR) origination, corrective action, correction, root cause and follow up stage input and signature.
* Understand the product structures and how the products are assembled.
* Use Order and Stocking Policies to ensure on-time supply at the lowest stocking cost.
* Use Movex to control material movements and costs.
* Create and maintain Purchase Orders in Movex.
* Use Qpulse to control non-comformance.
* Use Medius to resolve invoice queries or to assign them to other departments.
* Communicate with external suppliers and transport companies to ensure compliance to agree purchase Order dates, quantities and price.
* Write concise, accurate reports, for managers and other departments.
* Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Business related subject desired
* Experience of an ERP environment essential. Experience of Movex ERP an advantage.
* Experience of working in a Purchasing environment or Buyer role an advantage.
* Willingness to accept responsibility
* Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills
* Experience of Microsoft Office Suite an advantage, including the ability to maintain Excel spreadsheet to provide information to other departments.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.