The range of roles I help recruit for is as wide as it is varied. In the (ARM Corporate Services) Engineering Division, I support a range of high profile global companies within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries, which means an ongoing, steep, learning curve.
An experienced planner is required on a contract basis at an international Defence & Space company in Stevenage. The contract is for an initial six months and will require occasional travel to the company's other UK sites (primarily on the South Coast).
The Master Scheduler will generate and maintain schedules to monitor and manage progress and priorities across all projects undertaken (typically 20 to 30 at any one time).
The role requires excellent communication skills and pro-active (can-do) attitude to assist the group to optimise on-time delivery and sales performance.
You should have proven experience in a lead/master scheduling role within an engineering, multi-functional, multi-site team environment.
You will have no staff supervision duties and report to the Head of Proposals and Projects.
* Be able to interact effectively with multi-functional project team and with functional managers.
* Will need to present planning data to management and internal and external customers.
* Support to the Leadership team.
* Gather and update planning data. and play a major role in planning decision making.
* Assist teams to identify and improve critical paths;
* Perform rapid ‘what-if’ planning assessments.
* Assist project managers to pre-empt progress delays and to put avoidance plans and actions in place.
* Generate planning in support of bids.
* Develop a database of historic planning data (lead-times etc).
* Provide 1-page summary plans for project presentation (Monthly Review etc)
* Maintenance of on-time delivery statistics.
* Develop multi-project planning to enable clear/rapid capital expenditure decisions.
* Intermediate to Expert level capability with Primavera P6 tool.
* Intermediate to Expert level capability with Microsoft Project tool.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills.
* To be pro-active in seeking information and driving teams to making planning decisions.
* Ability to rapidly adapt to changing priorities (e.g. unpredictable needs to generate new proposals).
* To have good analytical skills and ability to challenge project teams to justify and improve planning performance.
Please note: Successful candidates must be willing to undergo UK Security Clearance checks.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.