I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Maritime Business Development Manager
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Maritime Business Development Manager
Maritime Business Development Manager required for a world-renowned defence organisation.
Job DescriptionMaritime Business Development Manager
£75k - £90k
My client is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. They are a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
They currently require a Maritime Business Development Manager to further develop their Maritime business in the UK and Europe to capitalise on the capabilities developed on recent programmes and expand their market share.
In this role you will support the development and execution of the Military Solutions Maritime strategic reporting directly to the Deputy Business Development Director. You will Identify and qualify new business opportunities in the maritime domain and represent the business with industrial and commercial partners. Additionally you should be capable of leading new business campaigns and keep sold activities as well as building and maintaining relationships with maritime customer communities within UK Defence, other related Government Agencies and Departments and international maritime groups.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Maritime domain knowledge and experience including maritime combat systems, navigation systems and associated CONOPS.
* Development of campaign specific strategies, procures resources and secures management commitment to ensure successful execution.
* Creation of metrics to monitor campaign project status and budget requirements.
* Leverages company resources to support customer commitments gain a competitive advantage and foster business growth by using a comprehensive understanding of multiple organisational products and services process and operations and resources.
* Ability to conduct market analysis and develop new business capture strategies
* Develops customer solutions by coordinating and integrating with internal and external processes and businesses to provide a competitive advantage and to foster business growth with acceptable margins.
* Coordinates packaging of the organisation and Industry products and knowledge into complete solutions that meets customer needs.
* Leads internal review process with management by balancing customer expectations.
* Ability to effectively work within a multi-functional team.
* Clear and effective communication skills and effective inter-personal skills
* Knowledge of UK, European and NATO Defence acquisition processes, stakeholders and markets
* Background in UK Defence Maritime programmes (programme execution and/or business development)
* Understanding and knowledge of maritime unmanned systems market place
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Capture management experience
* Experience of production of business plans and proposals
* Knowledge of other international customers
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.