Manufacturing Project Engineer
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
Manufacturing Project Engineer
Our client is an innovative company focused on developing new technologies with applications in power generation systems, and they are looking for a project engineer to join its team in Southampton.
Job DescriptionManufacturing Project Engineer
How would you like to be part of a team for an upcoming and ambitious company leading the way in power generation technology?
Our client is looking for a project engineer to join its team in Southampton to assist them in the development of new and interesting technologies for applications in power generation.
This role provides all-round support to Manufacturing Engineering and other Engineering projects as well as ensuring process-adherence and continuous improvement activities are maintained at all times.
- Design and manufacture of production and prototype tooling, jigs and fixtures, including use of CAD (SolidWorks).
- Providing hands-on support to prototype, pilot and pre-production builds including development and ownership of product BoMs
- Supporting production in inspection, assembly & testing activities, including day-to-day leadership and management of production build activities.
- Specification and installation of new equipment to production, manufacturing and testing areas.
- Providing support to project planning and management as required to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Supporting all other Project activities as required, such as CAD, working with suppliers, quality and inspection activities, NPI and NAI projects, test and project engineering etc.
- Development and maintenance of product build/repair procedures
- Development, maintenance and conducting production processes, and leading process issue resolution to maintain production output and ensure quality.
- Introduction of "lean manufacturing" methodologies and factory "cost out" initiatives.
- Supporting the wider team in implementing engineering change into production.
- Supporting all other Operations activities as required, such as manufacturing process controls, tracking and continuous improvement activities.
- Act as a project/engineering/production support for other business activities as required.
- Engineering or other technical degree, or equivalent.
- Able to learn quickly in technical environment, able to assess risk and take appropriate actions while delivering objectives set.
- Analytical but with a logical approach to problem solving.
- Experience in a Production/Manufacturing environment.
- Experience of lean manufacturing, production process documentation control, design for manufacturing, engineering change management, MRP systems and Bill of Material management.
- Experience in project management or project engineering, working with suppliers and quality systems.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.