I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Applications have now closed
Please visit our main job board to see all our current vacancies.
NEW ROLE! Working for a world-renowned defence organisation on the South Coast...
Job DescriptionManufacturing Operative
I have an exciting new permanent position working for a leading defence organisation based in Southampton. I am currently seeking a Manufacturing Operative to work in a cleanroom environment as part of a multiskilled team and perform manufacturing operations in accordance with written instruction and process controls.
This includes Inspection and assembly tasks. The role will be carried out to meet internal and external customer requirements in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
Key Responsibility Areas
* To process product against written work instructions, working in a controlled environment.
* To demonstrate positive behaviours and promote team work within a continuous improvement environment.
* To support management in efficient use of resources (i.e. flexible approach to working hours/shift work)
* To take personal responsibility for your working environment by keeping clean, neat and tidy and raising health and safety issues to management attention.
Skills, Qualifications & knowledge required
* Excellent hand-eye coordination
* Experience in electronics or electromechanical assembly
* Excellent Dexterity whilst using a stereoscope
* Microscope / Stereoscope experience
* Previous experience working on defence products
* Minimum of GCSE or equivalent English and Maths (AC) and/or qualified by experience
* Ability to read and understand written operating procedures and to maintain records as required.
* Able to work in a low supervision environment and accept responsibility set by supervisory staff
* Confident handling high value product
* Ability to multitask
* Wire bonding experience
* Array / Element manufacturing experience
* Experience working in cleanroom environments would be advantageous
Please Note: To be considered for this position you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.