I am focused on recruiting professionals of all levels within the defence, satellite and telecommunications industries. I excel in recruiting for the harder to fill positions, as the challenge makes me more determined to succeed. Knowing it is going to be difficult makes it all the more worthwhile once you have placed the candidate.
Manufacturing Feasibility Design Engineer
Manufacturing Feasibility Design Engineer
Manufacturing Design Engineer required for a leading defence organisation...
Job DescriptionJob Title: Manufacturing Feasibility Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
My client is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence industry. Their Bedfordshire site consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers.
They are seeking a Manufacturing Feasibility Design Engineer with a proven track record of competent design solutions created in PTC Creo 2 who is able to create part sections, mechanisms and 2D drawings. You should also be capable of operating and understanding the drawing release procedure with a good working knowledge of Windchill 10.1.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate the ability to develop and resolve assembly load path and tooling access issues and may be called upon to present the Industrial Engineering data and models to Engineering, Finance and Management in support of DFM and UPC Cost objectives. They shall be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of datum structure and able to identify functional datum features and key characteristics as designs are created with the additional ability to analyse tolerances and present tolerance stack guidelines for a given assembly or structure.
They shall provide Manufacturing Engineering with tooling designs and facility planning solutions, delivering CAD model data identifying key interface requirements to engineered components with tooling models. They may be required to create stage models and 2d drawings and facility process models, tooling solutions and layouts as necessary.
The Manufacturing Feasibility Design Engineer shall produce sheet material nesting layouts for material utilisation and cost in of support Supply Chain as well as investigating alternative material solutions to existing Engineering direction. The ability to interact with Suppliers in providing material and process guidance to achieve manufacturing capability would be of benefit.
Required skills and experience
* Fully competent in the use of PTC Creo 2 sufficient to support and present the data when necessary, in respect of DFM solutions including development of cost and mass efficient concepts from instruction.
* A comprehensive understanding of Engineering Drawing Practice with the ability to recognise functional datum structures, interpret and apply appropriate GD&T as well as identify key characteristics and produce 2D data packs for Estimating and Procurement.
* Experience within Automotive (Low Volume), Construction and Earth Moving Equipment, Commercial Aerospace or similar
* Ability to influence design and demonstrate a clear understanding of DFM that will support the Manufacturing Expectations.
* Review drawings in consideration of materials, process cost (UPC), tooling access, component manufacturability and assembly feasibility.
* Advise on the application of appropriate GD&T and dimensional detail to support the product functional datum structure through design.
* Strong working knowledge of Tooling Design for fabrication, machining, measurement & assembly processes.
* Excellent Microsoft office skills inc Power Point Presentation.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please Note: You will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance if successful in this position.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.