I specialise in permanent and contract recruitment within aerospace and defence. I excel at resourcing engineering and professional support services within the defence industry encompassing commercial management, operations, planning, PMO, procurement, quality assurance, systems safety and systems/software engineering.
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Maintenance Manager to join their talented team. This role will initially be based in Bedfordshire, before moving to Bovington. The successful applicant will work as part of the Integration and Test Team, ensuring all on vehicle activities of the assigned vehicle are organised, implemented and documented in accordance with company procedures.
Job DescriptionJob Title: Maintenance Manager
Salary: Up to £44,000 + Benefits
Location: Bedfordshire / Dorset
One of the world's largest defence organisations are now seeking a Maintenance Manager to join their talented team. This is a permanent opportunity with a salary of up to £44,000 per annum + fantastic company benefits. Due to the nature of the work, all applicants must be able and willing to obtain SC clearance.
A large number of vehicle tests and trials are planned in the qualification and verification phase of the AFV upgrade programme. Therefore we are looking for a Maintenance Manager to be a part of the trials team. The successful applicant has the responsibility of ensuring their assigned vehicle is always in a 'ready state' to perform or undergo the next set of trials.
The Maintenance Manager will initially be based in Bedfordshire & will travel to other sites whilst based at Bovington, Dorset. You will work as part of the Integration and Test Team, ensuring all on vehicle activities of the assigned vehicle are organised, implemented and documented in accordance with company procedures.
* Experience of performing and directing build activities on complex systems, preferably within a defence programme.
* Experience of electrical and/or mechanical unit/component installation.
* Ability to work independently on build and installation activities following instruction.
* Experience of working in a general workshop environment.
* Experience of directing a team of technicians to perform planned and unplanned maintenance on tracked vehicles (or similar).
* Ability to understand and discuss information across a large multidiscipline team.
* Capable of acquiring tracked vehicle licence if required and training provided.
* Competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel and other office based IT packages.
* Demonstrable experience of working in a team with diverse skills and experience.
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Experience undertaking electrical interface fault diagnosis such as continuity testing using standard lab equipment.
* Experience of working on defence programmes, preferably within an armoured vehicle engineering environment.
* Experience of tracked armoured fighting vehicle maintenance with standard tools and test equipment.
* Familiarity with current British Army Armoured Fighting Vehicles and associated equipment
* Participation in test and trials activities
* Tracked vehicle operator training would be advantageous.
Should you be interested in applying or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Daniel Smith on 02392458040 or email your latest CV
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.